Excellent Swami Satchidananda Daily Reading

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2004
      You may be regular in your practice; but if every morning you sit
      without any movement for one whole hour and meditate, and the next
      minute you go out and express all your negative feelings to others,
      what is the use? That's not spiritual practice. How much of
      animosity, backbiting, dislike, hatred, "I don't like her, I don't
      like him," is there in your life? Touch your own heart and question
      yourself, "Am I loved by everyone? Do I love everyone? Or is there
      any dislike towards anybody?" Go to that person, shake his or her
      hand and say, "I'm sorry I had this kind of feeling. It's terrible,
      it makes me sick. I am sorry." That is worth a hundred days'
      meditation. Have no ill feeling toward anyone. The moment you have
      some difference of opinion or any feelings of suspicion, go,
      immediately talk to that person. Say, "I am getting a feeling like
      this. Please, I must clarify it. Come on, let's get that over with."
      Don't even allow it to stay in your heart for a few hours. Sometimes
      these kinds of feelings come up. It's natural; but don't go to sleep
      like that. Before you go to bed, it should be cleared up. Don't you
      brush your teeth before you go to bed? You go to bed with clean
      teeth, is it not so? In the same way, brush your heart also. How can
      you brush your heart? Talk to the people concerned. Clean out the
      negative feelings, then you can go to bed with a clean heart and
      sleep comfortably. If you consciously try it, it becomes very easy.
      It's not really an impossible thing.

      Om Shanti, Om Shanti, Om Shanti

      From todays daily reading from The Golden Present, as posted on
      http:://www.yogaville.org
    • Pradheepkumar Chhalliyil
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2004

        Use the mantra "Accept" to bring self awareness. Accept every person and every situation. This is the best way to watch the "ego" which culminates in self awareness. This transcends the mind from Judgemental mode to analytical mode. This brings peace because one stops to judge things and start to see things as they are. This is a powerful way to weaken the negativity of the ego. Through this love blossom and one can see perfection in the whole creation. "Accept" is the password to get access to the cosmic computer. It is simple difficult and complete mantra.

        Pradheep Chhalliyil.

        A scientist's explanation of Man's eternal quest to Know the mystery of life using the metaphor of computer simulation, the theme of Matrix movies. www.matrixjourney.com

        Do you Yahoo!?