Re: PATANJALI'S VISION OF ONENESS

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2004
      <jeff@m...> wrote:

      > Paraphrase of a Christian model that parallels
      > Swami Venkatesananda's interpretive
      > translation of Patajali's vision of Oneness:
      >
      > Leave behind the rituals of religion,
      > which may be likened to milk, and feast
      > on the meat of the advanced teachings
      > (and you will)...
      >
      > step into perfection.
      >
      > Hebrews 5-6

      Yo PapaJeff,
      Did you see that there's a new nonduality Bible project?
      Actually since you've been doing this for decades, let's just say it's
      new to the web...
      http://nonduality.com/nondual_bible_verses_project.htm
      Enjoy!
      > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > AN INTERPRETIVE TRANSLATION BY SWAMI
      > VENKATESANANDA
      > > SRI PATANJALA YOGA DARSANAM
      > > II. 45
      > >
      > > Perfection in self-awareness instantly follows total, dynamic
      > and
      > > intelligent surrender of the individual ego-sense (in the sense
      > of
      > > the realization of its unreal nature) or the merging of it in the
      > > indwelling omnipresence (in the sense of the direct realization
      > of
      > > the falsity of the "me", the ego-sense, and therefore the sole
      > > reality of the indwelling omnipresence) .
    • Era
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2004
        medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > <jeff@m...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Paraphrase of a Christian model that parallels
        > > Swami Venkatesananda's interpretive
        > > translation of Patajali's vision of Oneness:
        > >
        > > Leave behind the rituals of religion,
        > > which may be likened to milk, and feast
        > > on the meat of the advanced teachings
        > > (and you will)...
        > >
        > > step into perfection.
        > >
        > > Hebrews 5-6
        >
        > Yo PapaJeff,
        > Did you see that there's a new nonduality Bible project?
        > Actually since you've been doing this for decades, let's just say it's
        > new to the web...
        > http://nonduality.com/nondual_bible_verses_project.htm
        > Enjoy!

        that was funny, thanks Bob

        > Peace and blessings,
        > Bob

        > > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > AN INTERPRETIVE TRANSLATION BY SWAMI
        > > VENKATESANANDA
        > > > SRI PATANJALA YOGA DARSANAM
        > > > II. 45
        > > >
        > > > Perfection in self-awareness instantly follows total, dynamic
        > > and
        > > > intelligent surrender of the individual ego-sense (in the sense
        > > of
        > > > the realization of its unreal nature) or the merging of it in the
        > > > indwelling omnipresence (in the sense of the direct realization
        > > of
        > > > the falsity of the "me", the ego-sense, and therefore the sole
        > > > reality of the indwelling omnipresence) .
      • Jeff Belyea
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2004
          Thanks, Bob -

          First, Namaskar to the Enlightened Eagles.

          Yes, duality was what the bite of the apple
          brought. As soon as A&E decided to eat of the
          tree of the "knowledge of good and evil", duality
          was introduced and the appearance of things,
          known as maya or illusion in some traditions,
          took precedence over what IS - only God, and
          us - all of us - within God, as individualized
          "sparks" of God's own fire - consciousness.

          Much of the rest of the Christian bible, at its
          core, is an admonition to not be deceived and
          instruction on how to get back to the garden
          of nonduality - realization of our timeless
          and inherent Oneness within God, Source,
          Spirit.

          Awareness of what IS our true identity comes
          through an awakening experience and the new
          (renewed) understanding of Enlightened
          Consciousness, Christ Consciousness,
          Buddhahood, Samadhi, Satori, Nondual
          Realization and Such. This forever ends
          the duality and sense of separation.
          We do not give up our individual "being"
          in this human form, but the illusory boundary
          between us and others, and us and God
          dissolves upon realization.

          Our words, and all the words ever written
          will not achieve this for us. Thought and
          debate will not do it. Meditation...that will do it.
          Or at least it will prepare the ground
          on which we are able to "hear" the
          still, small voice of God - from within.

          We are barraged by our own internal
          chatter and whisperings from long held
          beliefs planted by pop cultural religion
          and the socialization and coercion
          passed on from generation to generation,
          and from which few ever recover.

          It is from the Silence of meditation that
          the wisdom whisper of the mystic heart
          will be "heard" and transformation known.

          Oops. You provoked the preacher.
          Sorry, gentle reader.

          Thanks, Bob.

          medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote: