Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: PATANJALI'S VISION OF ONENESS

Expand Messages
  • Jeff Belyea
    Paraphrase of a Christian model that parallels Swami Venkatesananda s interpretive translation of Patajali s vision of Oneness: Leave behind the rituals of
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2004
      Paraphrase of a Christian model that parallels
      Swami Venkatesananda's interpretive
      translation of Patajali's vision of Oneness:

      Leave behind the rituals of religion,
      which may be likened to milk, and feast
      on the meat of the advanced teachings
      (and you will)...

      step into perfection.

      Hebrews 5-6





      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com,
      medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      >
      > AN INTERPRETIVE TRANSLATION BY SWAMI
      VENKATESANANDA
      > SRI PATANJALA YOGA DARSANAM
      > II. 45
      >
      > Perfection in self-awareness instantly follows total, dynamic
      and
      > intelligent surrender of the individual ego-sense (in the sense
      of
      > the realization of its unreal nature) or the merging of it in the
      > indwelling omnipresence (in the sense of the direct realization
      of
      > the falsity of the "me", the ego-sense, and therefore the sole
      > reality of the indwelling omnipresence) .
    • medit8ionsociety
      ... Yo PapaJeff, Did you see that there s a new nonduality Bible project? Actually since you ve been doing this for decades, let s just say it s new to the
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 30, 2004
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea"
        <jeff@m...> wrote:
        >
        > Paraphrase of a Christian model that parallels
        > Swami Venkatesananda's interpretive
        > translation of Patajali's vision of Oneness:
        >
        > Leave behind the rituals of religion,
        > which may be likened to milk, and feast
        > on the meat of the advanced teachings
        > (and you will)...
        >
        > step into perfection.
        >
        > Hebrews 5-6

        Yo PapaJeff,
        Did you see that there's a new nonduality Bible project?
        Actually since you've been doing this for decades, let's just say it's
        new to the web...
        http://nonduality.com/nondual_bible_verses_project.htm
        Enjoy!
        Peace and blessings,
        Bob
        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com,
        > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > AN INTERPRETIVE TRANSLATION BY SWAMI
        > VENKATESANANDA
        > > SRI PATANJALA YOGA DARSANAM
        > > II. 45
        > >
        > > Perfection in self-awareness instantly follows total, dynamic
        > and
        > > intelligent surrender of the individual ego-sense (in the sense
        > of
        > > the realization of its unreal nature) or the merging of it in the
        > > indwelling omnipresence (in the sense of the direct realization
        > of
        > > the falsity of the "me", the ego-sense, and therefore the sole
        > > reality of the indwelling omnipresence) .
      • Era
        ... that was funny, thanks Bob
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2004
          medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          >
          > <jeff@m...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Paraphrase of a Christian model that parallels
          > > Swami Venkatesananda's interpretive
          > > translation of Patajali's vision of Oneness:
          > >
          > > Leave behind the rituals of religion,
          > > which may be likened to milk, and feast
          > > on the meat of the advanced teachings
          > > (and you will)...
          > >
          > > step into perfection.
          > >
          > > Hebrews 5-6
          >
          > Yo PapaJeff,
          > Did you see that there's a new nonduality Bible project?
          > Actually since you've been doing this for decades, let's just say it's
          > new to the web...
          > http://nonduality.com/nondual_bible_verses_project.htm
          > Enjoy!



          that was funny, thanks Bob


          > Peace and blessings,
          > Bob

          > > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > AN INTERPRETIVE TRANSLATION BY SWAMI
          > > VENKATESANANDA
          > > > SRI PATANJALA YOGA DARSANAM
          > > > II. 45
          > > >
          > > > Perfection in self-awareness instantly follows total, dynamic
          > > and
          > > > intelligent surrender of the individual ego-sense (in the sense
          > > of
          > > > the realization of its unreal nature) or the merging of it in the
          > > > indwelling omnipresence (in the sense of the direct realization
          > > of
          > > > the falsity of the "me", the ego-sense, and therefore the sole
          > > > reality of the indwelling omnipresence) .
        • Jeff Belyea
          Thanks, Bob - First, Namaskar to the Enlightened Eagles. Yes, duality was what the bite of the apple brought. As soon as A&E decided to eat of the tree of the
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2004
            Thanks, Bob -

            First, Namaskar to the Enlightened Eagles.

            Yes, duality was what the bite of the apple
            brought. As soon as A&E decided to eat of the
            tree of the "knowledge of good and evil", duality
            was introduced and the appearance of things,
            known as maya or illusion in some traditions,
            took precedence over what IS - only God, and
            us - all of us - within God, as individualized
            "sparks" of God's own fire - consciousness.

            Much of the rest of the Christian bible, at its
            core, is an admonition to not be deceived and
            instruction on how to get back to the garden
            of nonduality - realization of our timeless
            and inherent Oneness within God, Source,
            Spirit.

            Awareness of what IS our true identity comes
            through an awakening experience and the new
            (renewed) understanding of Enlightened
            Consciousness, Christ Consciousness,
            Buddhahood, Samadhi, Satori, Nondual
            Realization and Such. This forever ends
            the duality and sense of separation.
            We do not give up our individual "being"
            in this human form, but the illusory boundary
            between us and others, and us and God
            dissolves upon realization.

            Our words, and all the words ever written
            will not achieve this for us. Thought and
            debate will not do it. Meditation...that will do it.
            Or at least it will prepare the ground
            on which we are able to "hear" the
            still, small voice of God - from within.

            We are barraged by our own internal
            chatter and whisperings from long held
            beliefs planted by pop cultural religion
            and the socialization and coercion
            passed on from generation to generation,
            and from which few ever recover.

            It is from the Silence of meditation that
            the wisdom whisper of the mystic heart
            will be "heard" and transformation known.

            Oops. You provoked the preacher.
            Sorry, gentle reader.

            Thanks, Bob.


            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com,
            medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            >
            > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff
            Belyea"
            > <jeff@m...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Paraphrase of a Christian model that parallels
            > > Swami Venkatesananda's interpretive
            > > translation of Patajali's vision of Oneness:
            > >
            > > Leave behind the rituals of religion,
            > > which may be likened to milk, and feast
            > > on the meat of the advanced teachings
            > > (and you will)...
            > >
            > > step into perfection.
            > >
            > > Hebrews 5-6
            >
            > Yo PapaJeff,
            > Did you see that there's a new nonduality Bible project?
            > Actually since you've been doing this for decades, let's just say
            it's
            > new to the web...
            > http://nonduality.com/nondual_bible_verses_project.htm
            > Enjoy!
            > Peace and blessings,
            > Bob
            > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com,
            > > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > AN INTERPRETIVE TRANSLATION BY SWAMI
            > > VENKATESANANDA
            > > > SRI PATANJALA YOGA DARSANAM
            > > > II. 45
            > > >
            > > > Perfection in self-awareness instantly follows total,
            dynamic
            > > and
            > > > intelligent surrender of the individual ego-sense (in the
            sense
            > > of
            > > > the realization of its unreal nature) or the merging of it in the
            > > > indwelling omnipresence (in the sense of the direct
            realization
            > > of
            > > > the falsity of the "me", the ego-sense, and therefore the
            sole
            > > > reality of the indwelling omnipresence) .
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.