PATANJALI'S VISION OF ONENESS

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2004
      AN INTERPRETIVE TRANSLATION BY SWAMI VENKATESANANDA
      SRI PATANJALA YOGA DARSANAM
      II. 45

      Perfection in self-awareness instantly follows total, dynamic and
      intelligent surrender of the individual ego-sense (in the sense of
      the realization of its unreal nature) or the merging of it in the
      indwelling omnipresence (in the sense of the direct realization of
      the falsity of the "me", the ego-sense, and therefore the sole
      reality of the indwelling omnipresence) .
    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 29, 2004
        Paraphrase of a Christian model that parallels
        Swami Venkatesananda's interpretive
        translation of Patajali's vision of Oneness:

        Leave behind the rituals of religion,
        which may be likened to milk, and feast
        on the meat of the advanced teachings
        (and you will)...

        step into perfection.

        Hebrews 5-6

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 30, 2004
          <jeff@m...> wrote:

          > Paraphrase of a Christian model that parallels
          > Swami Venkatesananda's interpretive
          > translation of Patajali's vision of Oneness:
          >
          > Leave behind the rituals of religion,
          > which may be likened to milk, and feast
          > on the meat of the advanced teachings
          > (and you will)...
          >
          > step into perfection.
          >
          > Hebrews 5-6

          Yo PapaJeff,
          Did you see that there's a new nonduality Bible project?
          Actually since you've been doing this for decades, let's just say it's
          new to the web...
          http://nonduality.com/nondual_bible_verses_project.htm
          Enjoy!
          > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > AN INTERPRETIVE TRANSLATION BY SWAMI
          > VENKATESANANDA
          > > SRI PATANJALA YOGA DARSANAM
          > > II. 45
          > >
          > > Perfection in self-awareness instantly follows total, dynamic
          > and
          > > intelligent surrender of the individual ego-sense (in the sense
          > of
          > > the realization of its unreal nature) or the merging of it in the
          > > indwelling omnipresence (in the sense of the direct realization
          > of
          > > the falsity of the "me", the ego-sense, and therefore the sole
          > > reality of the indwelling omnipresence) .
        • Era
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2004
            medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:

            > <jeff@m...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Paraphrase of a Christian model that parallels
            > > Swami Venkatesananda's interpretive
            > > translation of Patajali's vision of Oneness:
            > >
            > > Leave behind the rituals of religion,
            > > which may be likened to milk, and feast
            > > on the meat of the advanced teachings
            > > (and you will)...
            > >
            > > step into perfection.
            > >
            > > Hebrews 5-6
            >
            > Yo PapaJeff,
            > Did you see that there's a new nonduality Bible project?
            > Actually since you've been doing this for decades, let's just say it's
            > new to the web...
            > http://nonduality.com/nondual_bible_verses_project.htm
            > Enjoy!

            that was funny, thanks Bob

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2004
              Thanks, Bob -

              First, Namaskar to the Enlightened Eagles.

              Yes, duality was what the bite of the apple
              brought. As soon as A&E decided to eat of the
              tree of the "knowledge of good and evil", duality
              was introduced and the appearance of things,
              known as maya or illusion in some traditions,
              took precedence over what IS - only God, and
              us - all of us - within God, as individualized
              "sparks" of God's own fire - consciousness.

              Much of the rest of the Christian bible, at its
              core, is an admonition to not be deceived and
              instruction on how to get back to the garden
              of nonduality - realization of our timeless
              and inherent Oneness within God, Source,
              Spirit.

              Awareness of what IS our true identity comes
              through an awakening experience and the new
              (renewed) understanding of Enlightened
              Consciousness, Christ Consciousness,
              Buddhahood, Samadhi, Satori, Nondual
              Realization and Such. This forever ends
              the duality and sense of separation.
              We do not give up our individual "being"
              in this human form, but the illusory boundary
              between us and others, and us and God
              dissolves upon realization.

              Our words, and all the words ever written
              will not achieve this for us. Thought and
              debate will not do it. Meditation...that will do it.
              Or at least it will prepare the ground
              on which we are able to "hear" the
              still, small voice of God - from within.

              We are barraged by our own internal
              chatter and whisperings from long held
              beliefs planted by pop cultural religion
              and the socialization and coercion
              passed on from generation to generation,
              and from which few ever recover.

              It is from the Silence of meditation that
              the wisdom whisper of the mystic heart
              will be "heard" and transformation known.

              Oops. You provoked the preacher.
              Sorry, gentle reader.

              Thanks, Bob.

              medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote: