Acts of Kindness

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25 5:45 PM
      The Lifelights Network Launches in Honor of
      Sri Swami Satchidananda's 90th Birth Anniversary

      "If you want peace, forget yourself. Think of the benefit of others
      first. `How can I serve you? How can I make you comfortable?` That's
      the way it should be. Giving brings harmony. Love and give, love and
      give. Think of the other person first. With this kind of attitude the
      whole world will be a fantastic place."
      - Sri Gurudev, H. H. Sri Swami Satchidananda

      Lifelights is a network of people around the world who have felt their
      lives enriched, inspired, and changed for the better by the teachings
      and service of one of the greatest peacemakers and humanitarians in
      the world, H. H. Sri Swami Satchidananda.

      We invite you to join this network by anonymously offering actions or
      services to anyone on the 22nd of each month (in honor of Sri Gurudev's
      day of birth). It's a way to contribute to our communities and the
      world while expressing our gratitude to our beloved Gurudev, who
      inspires and enriches our lives beyond measure.

      How can you be part of the Lifelights Network?
      There are only four requirements:
      • The act brings some benefit to someone;
      • The act brings no harm to anyone;
      • The service is done anonymously; and
      • The service is offered as a loving tribute in the name of
      Sri Swami Satchidananda.

      If you would like, you may leave a card with your gift or service.
      These special wallet-sized cards are available - at no charge - by
      request (send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Lifelights c/o
      Satchidananda Ashram-Yogaville, Buckingham, Virginia 23921. Outside
      the USA, send an email request to the address below). The card
      explains to the recipient that he or she has just received an
      anonymous act of kindness inspired by the service of Sri Gurudev and
      his teachings of selfless love and service.

      We know that many of you offer acts of kindness on a regular basis.
      The idea of the Lifelights Network is to inspire people to think of
      and perform acts of kindness on the 22nd, whether they utilize the
      cards or not, in special honor and remembrance of Sri Gurudev.

      We would like to keep a comprehensive list of as many of these acts of
      kindness as possible so we can spread the light, love, and
      inspiration. We invite you to send us ideas you've had and how you've
      implemented them. We will post these on the "Friends of Yogaville" Web
      site (www.friendsofyogaville.org) without identifying your name or

      We do not solicit and do not accept any donations. If you want to
      give, please spread love and light by joining the Lifelights Network
      and offering random acts of kindness and service where you live and

      To learn more about Sri Swami Satchidananda and Lifelights:
      Web site: www.swamisatchidananda.org
      E-mail: lifelights@...