Obey the 1st Commandment

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2004
      Virtually every religion or "way" has this concept as it's basis, but
      here we are voicing a Judae-Christian version. And maybe you never
      heard this presented this way, and so may find it worth meditating
      about. But of course, if you believe in free will (and that's another
      topic worthy of discussion and meditation), you are free to make what
      you want of it...........

      The 1st commandment directs that we put no other god before God. When
      we are to do this is now and always. So, if we are thinking about
      getting a new car, or relationship worries, or how we are suffering,
      or anything other than God, we are worshiping a car and making the
      car our god of the moment; or our relationship, or our self-pity, and
      so on. So, anything other than meditating on/attending to/abiding
      in/etc, our Real Self/God (or whatever adjectives/adverbs you feel
      comfortable with), would meant that we are breaking the 1st
      commandment. But, if we are obeying it, we automatically are obeying
      all the laws (There are actually 613 "thou shalts" and "thou shalt
      not"'s in the Bible).