Re: Young Meditator

  • Era
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12, 2004
      medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...>
      > <jeff@m...> wrote:
      > >
      > > For a look at a young meditator,
      > > see the photo just uploaded: pic03409.jpg
      >
      > Yo PapaJeff,
      > The young child is obviously absorbed deeply in meditation, and surely
      > seems as serene as a person can be. But you know how even the most
      > enlightened meditation masters have things rumored about them...well,
      > the word is that this kid gets so high that he's actually sitting in
      > his own poop and is oblivious to it!:-)
      > Peace and blessing,
      > Bob

      but as an adult the kid can recover
      from the numbing bliss

      by taking The Shadow Process Workshop

      Reclaiming Your Power, Creativity,
      Brilliance & Dreams

      Debbie Ford

      The saintly and the sinister, the
      courageous and the cowardly—all these
      aspects lie dormant in us and will
      act out if they are not recognized and
      integrated into our psyches. But many
      of us are frightened to look within;
      fear has put up walls so thick we
      no longer remember who we really are
      This workshop is about working through
      those walls and looking, maybe for
      the first time, at our full range
      of human emotions.

      During the weekend, we see how we
      hide and deny our dark sides,
      rejecting these aspects of our true
      nature rather than giving ourselves
      the freedom to live authentically.
      Debbie Ford's three-step process for releasing toxic emotions and making
      peace with our past includes the use
      of guided imagery, active meditation
      and dynamic interactive dialogue.

      Through active participation in
      this process, we learn that it is
      possible to acknowledge and accept
      our so-called weaknesses, and that,
      in fact, these qualities may prove
      to be important, hidden strengths.
      Perhaps a touch of "laziness" is just
      what the workaholic needs; perhaps
      some judicious "selfishness" can save
      us from exhaustion and resentment.
      Ford shows us that when we bring the
      shadow into light, we can tap into
      its energy and reclaim our power, creativity, and dreams.

      Era
    • Nina
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2004
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > <jeff@m...> wrote:
        > >
        > > For a look at a young meditator,
        > > see the photo just uploaded: pic03409.jpg
        >
        > Yo PapaJeff,
        > The young child is obviously absorbed deeply in meditation, and
        surely
        > seems as serene as a person can be. But you know how even the most
        > enlightened meditation masters have things rumored about
        them...well,
        > the word is that this kid gets so high that he's actually sitting in
        > his own poop and is oblivious to it!:-)
        > Peace and blessing,
        > Bob

        Humor noted, Bob... but actually,
        the ability to sit in one's own poop without
        giving it attention is more due to
        desensitization than meditative highs,
        though, some might say they are closer
        in effect than is often thought. :)