Weekly Words of Wisdom of Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2004
      "The more you run after things, the more they go away. You
      say, 'Okay, I am not running after anything. I am here. I am
      contented.' Then, everything comes to you. Everything looks for a
      contented person. It's not just a mere theory or philosophy. It's a
      practical thing. You can even have a sort of trial week -- a week
      without wanting. Try it. Stop wanting anything. See how many things
      come to you.

      Because everything and everybody likes to be with a contented person.
      If you are happy, everything comes. You should bring out fragrance of
      happiness. When there is nice fragrance, when there is honey in you,
      you don't have to advertise for the bees to come to you. They just
      come.

      God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      For more about Swamiji:
      http::://www.yogaville.org
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 11, 2004
        "There is a Guru in all of us. The external Guru and the Teachings are
        there to guide you to go within and recognize that Guru within, who is
        constantly guiding you. It's almost like a mirror showing you your
        face. The mirror doesn't have a face of its own. It simply reflects
        your face. No one has seen his or her own face. Have you ever seen
        your face? Do you know you even have a face? Have you seen it? Only in
        the mirror. In the mirror you don't see your actual face. What you see
        in the mirror is the reflection. Like that, you are the Guru but you
        have not seen it. The external Guru is there to point out the Guru
        within you.

        http://www.swamisatchidananda.org
        Message 3 of 3 , May 29, 2005
          "Our problems are there because we accept and allow the problems.
          Suppose somebody says, `Hey you, stupid!' If you give meaning to that
          and you think he is calling you stupid, you get angry. Suppose you
          ignore it? It won't affect you. If you walk on the road, and a dog
          barks at you, what would you do? Turn around and bark at him? No.
          Ignore it and go on. In the same way, if any problem comes, ignore it.
          Don't allow it to affect you. It's because we allow things into our
          system that we become unhappy, or we become annoyed. Nobody can create
          problems for us if we don't allow them to.

          God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

          Subscribe for free to Weekly Words of Wisdom by sending an email to:
          wlist@...