Re: Young Meditator

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 10, 2004
      <jeff@m...> wrote:

      > For a look at a young meditator,
      > see the photo just uploaded: pic03409.jpg

      Yo PapaJeff,
      The young child is obviously absorbed deeply in meditation, and surely
      seems as serene as a person can be. But you know how even the most
      enlightened meditation masters have things rumored about them...well,
      the word is that this kid gets so high that he's actually sitting in
      his own poop and is oblivious to it!:-)
      Peace and blessing,
      Bob
    • Era
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2004
        medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...>
        > <jeff@m...> wrote:
        > >
        > > For a look at a young meditator,
        > > see the photo just uploaded: pic03409.jpg
        >
        > Yo PapaJeff,
        > The young child is obviously absorbed deeply in meditation, and surely
        > seems as serene as a person can be. But you know how even the most
        > enlightened meditation masters have things rumored about them...well,
        > the word is that this kid gets so high that he's actually sitting in
        > his own poop and is oblivious to it!:-)
        > Peace and blessing,
        > Bob

        but as an adult the kid can recover
        from the numbing bliss

        by taking The Shadow Process Workshop

        Reclaiming Your Power, Creativity,
        Brilliance & Dreams

        Debbie Ford

        The saintly and the sinister, the
        courageous and the cowardly—all these
        aspects lie dormant in us and will
        act out if they are not recognized and
        integrated into our psyches. But many
        of us are frightened to look within;
        fear has put up walls so thick we
        no longer remember who we really are
        This workshop is about working through
        those walls and looking, maybe for
        the first time, at our full range
        of human emotions.

        During the weekend, we see how we
        hide and deny our dark sides,
        rejecting these aspects of our true
        nature rather than giving ourselves
        the freedom to live authentically.
        Debbie Ford's three-step process for releasing toxic emotions and making
        peace with our past includes the use
        of guided imagery, active meditation
        and dynamic interactive dialogue.

        Through active participation in
        this process, we learn that it is
        possible to acknowledge and accept
        our so-called weaknesses, and that,
        in fact, these qualities may prove
        to be important, hidden strengths.
        Perhaps a touch of "laziness" is just
        what the workaholic needs; perhaps
        some judicious "selfishness" can save
        us from exhaustion and resentment.
        Ford shows us that when we bring the
        shadow into light, we can tap into
        its energy and reclaim our power, creativity, and dreams.

        Era
      • Nina
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 12, 2004
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > <jeff@m...> wrote:
          > >
          > > For a look at a young meditator,
          > > see the photo just uploaded: pic03409.jpg
          >
          > Yo PapaJeff,
          > The young child is obviously absorbed deeply in meditation, and
          surely
          > seems as serene as a person can be. But you know how even the most
          > enlightened meditation masters have things rumored about
          them...well,
          > the word is that this kid gets so high that he's actually sitting in
          > his own poop and is oblivious to it!:-)
          > Peace and blessing,
          > Bob

          Humor noted, Bob... but actually,
          the ability to sit in one's own poop without
          giving it attention is more due to
          desensitization than meditative highs,
          though, some might say they are closer
          in effect than is often thought. :)