Young Meditator

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 10, 2004
      For a look at a young meditator,
      see the photo just uploaded: pic03409.jpg
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 10, 2004
        <jeff@m...> wrote:

        > For a look at a young meditator,
        > see the photo just uploaded: pic03409.jpg

        Yo PapaJeff,
        The young child is obviously absorbed deeply in meditation, and surely
        seems as serene as a person can be. But you know how even the most
        enlightened meditation masters have things rumored about them...well,
        the word is that this kid gets so high that he's actually sitting in
        his own poop and is oblivious to it!:-)
        Peace and blessing,
        Bob
      • Era
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 12, 2004
          medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...>
          > <jeff@m...> wrote:
          > >
          > > For a look at a young meditator,
          > > see the photo just uploaded: pic03409.jpg
          >
          > Yo PapaJeff,
          > The young child is obviously absorbed deeply in meditation, and surely
          > seems as serene as a person can be. But you know how even the most
          > enlightened meditation masters have things rumored about them...well,
          > the word is that this kid gets so high that he's actually sitting in
          > his own poop and is oblivious to it!:-)
          > Peace and blessing,
          > Bob

          but as an adult the kid can recover
          from the numbing bliss

          by taking The Shadow Process Workshop

          Reclaiming Your Power, Creativity,
          Brilliance & Dreams

          Debbie Ford

          The saintly and the sinister, the
          courageous and the cowardly—all these
          aspects lie dormant in us and will
          act out if they are not recognized and
          integrated into our psyches. But many
          of us are frightened to look within;
          fear has put up walls so thick we
          no longer remember who we really are
          This workshop is about working through
          those walls and looking, maybe for
          the first time, at our full range
          of human emotions.

          During the weekend, we see how we
          hide and deny our dark sides,
          rejecting these aspects of our true
          nature rather than giving ourselves
          the freedom to live authentically.
          Debbie Ford's three-step process for releasing toxic emotions and making
          peace with our past includes the use
          of guided imagery, active meditation
          and dynamic interactive dialogue.

          Through active participation in
          this process, we learn that it is
          possible to acknowledge and accept
          our so-called weaknesses, and that,
          in fact, these qualities may prove
          to be important, hidden strengths.
          Perhaps a touch of "laziness" is just
          what the workaholic needs; perhaps
          some judicious "selfishness" can save
          us from exhaustion and resentment.
          Ford shows us that when we bring the
          shadow into light, we can tap into
          its energy and reclaim our power, creativity, and dreams.

          Era
        • Nina
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 12, 2004
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:

            > <jeff@m...> wrote:
            > >
            > > For a look at a young meditator,
            > > see the photo just uploaded: pic03409.jpg
            >
            > Yo PapaJeff,
            > The young child is obviously absorbed deeply in meditation, and
            surely
            > seems as serene as a person can be. But you know how even the most
            > enlightened meditation masters have things rumored about
            them...well,
            > the word is that this kid gets so high that he's actually sitting in
            > his own poop and is oblivious to it!:-)
            > Peace and blessing,
            > Bob

            Humor noted, Bob... but actually,
            the ability to sit in one's own poop without
            giving it attention is more due to
            desensitization than meditative highs,
            though, some might say they are closer
            in effect than is often thought. :)