Adirondack Integral Practice Fellowship

  • adkpenpal
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2004
      ANNOUNCEMENT:
      Adirondack Integral Practice Fellowship Yahoo Group
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aipf/

      NEW 10/3/2004. This group is to help develop a community in the
      Adirondack Region of Upstate New York (and nearby areas) among people
      practicing or studying integral spiritual philosophies that have a
      holistic nature, i.e., addressing mind, body, heart and soul in an
      integral manner. We have a primary interest in the program of
      Integral Transformative Practice (ITP) taught in the 1995 book THE
      LIFE WE ARE GIVEN by Geoge Leonard and Michael Murphy (see
      http://www.itp-life.com). This practice involves a daily series of
      physical exercises along with meditation, progressive relaxation,
      imaging/visualization, conscious eating, aerobic work, and study. We
      are also interested in the work of many others, including Ken Wilber,
      Wendell Berry, Alfred North Whitehead, Charles Hartshorne, Thich Nhat
      Hanh, Aldous Huxley, G. Feuerstein, Aurobindo, "Process Thinkers" Jay
      B. McDaniel and John B. Cobb, Jr., and more. Also of interest is the
      non-duality philosophy of Advaita Vedanta. We are nonsectarian and
      not affiliated with any organization or institution, and we are
      respectful of diverse spiritual disciplines, finding that many
      traditions provide integral approaches, even though they may not all
      emphasize it in their doctrines.

      We hope that this group will help foster "off-line" friendships among
      locals in the Adirondack Mountain Region, but we welcome friends from
      near and far, either in-person or via this electronic medium.

      -Dennis K.