Book Recommendation

  • veganlady21
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2004
      Message: 3
      Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 20:58:00 -0000
      From: "tiara8272" <tiara8272@...>
      Subject: Hi Group! (any great books?)

      Hi everyone!!

      I just joined the group and did so because i am very interested in
      learning more about meditation and spiritual religions. ... I am not
      sure what aspect i want to take on all of this, etc. budhism, judaism,
      kabbalah. so any information or feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. ...

      Aloha, Tiara8272!

      There are many good books on meditation out there. If you want one
      terrific book that gives you the broadest possible survey of
      meditation methods, including those you mention above and many more, I
      recommend Meditation for Dummies by Steven Bodian, and/or The Best
      Guide to Meditation, by Victor N. Davich. There are other similar "big
      books" out there, but these two are, in my opinion, are at the top of
      the heap.

      For individuals who are approaching meditation for the first time (and
      for 'lapsed' meditators who are re-approaching meditation), I offer a
      psychic reading that matches the individual with 8-12 suitable
      meditation modalities, based on your temperament, soul vibration, life
      purpose and other esoteric factors. You can read about this service on
      my website.

      All the best to you, and welcome to the group!

      for 'Mental Yentl, the Meditation Matchmaker,'

      Rev. Sue Annabrooke Jones
      CosmicLotus.org: a Cyberministry
      http://CosmicLotus.org
      LotusFlowering@...
    • Era
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 27, 2004
        > Hi everyone!!
        >
        > I just joined the group and did so because i am very interested in
        > learning more about meditation and spiritual religions. ... I am not
        > sure what aspect i want to take on all of this, etc. budhism, judaism,
        > kabbalah. so any information or feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. ...
        >
        > Aloha, Tiara8272!
        >
        > There are many good books on meditation out there. If you want one
        > terrific book that gives you the broadest possible survey of
        > meditation methods, including those you mention above and many more, I
        > recommend Meditation for Dummies by Steven Bodian, and/or The Best
        > Guide to Meditation, by Victor N. Davich. There are other similar "big
        > books" out there, but these two are, in my opinion, are at the top of
        > the heap.
        >
        > For individuals who are approaching meditation for the first time (and
        > for 'lapsed' meditators who are re-approaching meditation), I offer a
        > psychic reading that matches the individual with 8-12 suitable
        > meditation modalities, based on your temperament, soul vibration, life
        > purpose and other esoteric factors. You can read about this service on
        > my website.
        >
        > All the best to you, and welcome to the group!
        >
        > for 'Mental Yentl, the Meditation Matchmaker,'
        >
        > Rev. Sue Annabrooke Jones
        > CosmicLotus.org: a Cyberministry
        > http://CosmicLotus.org
        > LotusFlowering@N...

        a good over-view of meditations and
        100's of yoga methods

        The Crown of Life by Sant Kirpal

        page# 165 The Path of the Masters,
        Sant Mat aka Surat Shabd Yoga Meditation

        <http://santmat-meditation.net/santmat/shabd-1.html>

        metta, Era