Re: The Total Meditation Diet

  • Era
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 26, 2004
      "Era" <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
      > --- In "Tom Flou" <tom@f...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Right, Era.
      > > If your priority is temporal importance.
      > > Gurdjieff may have his ordered according
      > > to physical density ;-)
      > >
      > > Tom

      Tom, your winking kind answer kept me
      thinking about the etheric quality of
      food, of any food; mental physical or
      else

      I followed many diets among them one
      with vegan raw-live food; living in
      an Ashram where we planted the seeds
      with good-vibrations: with a mantra,
      harvested and cooked the same way,
      and eat the same way honoring the
      prana

      thanks for reminding me

      -right now I am not a vegan only
      mix food according their time of
      digestion, keeping in mind that proteins
      take 4-6 hours and fruits 1-2, so mixing
      them would be eating rotten fruits..

      was Gurdijeff vegetarian?

      metta, Era

      ps: food for my psyche is my favorite one

      > yes, I see

      > > physical
      > > external
      > > >

      > > > Gurdijeff got the numbers mixed up
      > > >
      > > > # 1 is the air imho
      > > >
      > > > Era
    • Tom Flou
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 27, 2004
        Hi Era.

        Its many years since I was "engaged with Gurdjieff."
        I recall him as a man of good and varied taste,
        not favoring or avoiding anything in particular.
        Smoking, eating and drinking with gusto.
        He was a good cook himself.
        I think he advocated trust in the intelligence
        of the autonomic body-functions, that you should not
        interfere with the functioning of the internal organs.
        I recall an anecdote from some book. He was traveling.
        At that time someone had convinced him it was important
        that the food be chewed 21 or something times before
        it was swallowed. (7 times left, 7 times right and
        7 times back and forth. >LOL< (Tom´s addition))
        Then he met this man who had the opinion that if you,
        with your mouth, did all the work on behalf of your stomach,
        the stomach would "forget" to do its job properly ;-)
        I like to think he applied this philosophy to all other,
        autonomic body functions.

        Personally I thing I would feel very comfortable
        at Gurdijeff´s table.

        Regarding the Ashram-gardening mode you refer to:
        My view is this:
        Do, whatever you do, with full attention.
        - Then it matters less what Mantra or vibration you put into it.
        And I don't think the vegetables care either. ;-)

        > ps: food for my psyche is my favorite one

        I agree, particularely after a good, Gurdijevian, meal :-)

        Tom