Re: Hi Group! (any great books?)

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 26, 2004
      "tiara8272" <tiara8272@y...> wrote:
      > Hi everyone!!
      >
      > I just joined the group and did so because i am very interested
      in
      > learning more about meditation and spiritual religions. I am
      very
      > very new to the whole idea and have a friend on the west coast
      who
      > just swears by the mentality and will of what he does. I am
      trying
      > to find anyone who has read and can offer a great book on
      beginning
      > this journey. I am not sure what aspect i want to take on all of
      > this, etc. budhism, judaism, kabbalah. so any information or
      > feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. have a great
      weekend and i am
      > glad to be a part of the group and look forward to talking with
      many
      > of you. Thank you.

      Hi -

      Check out the files section here
      as a starter.

      Best,

      Jeff
      Mystic Heart Meditation
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 26, 2004
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tiara8272"
        <tiara8272@y...> wrote:
        > Hi everyone!!
        >
        > I just joined the group and did so because i am very interested in
        > learning more about meditation and spiritual religions. I am very
        > very new to the whole idea and have a friend on the west coast who
        > just swears by the mentality and will of what he does. I am trying
        > to find anyone who has read and can offer a great book on beginning
        > this journey. I am not sure what aspect i want to take on all of
        > this, etc. budhism, judaism, kabbalah. so any information or
        > feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. have a great weekend and i am
        > glad to be a part of the group and look forward to talking with many
        > of you. Thank you.
        Welcome!
        We have a nice selection of books in the Suggested Reading section of
        our web site at http://home.meditationsociety.com/reading.html
        While there I suggest you check out the Beginners section, starting
        with the "What Is Meditation" article. Then, if you browse through our
        archives, you will find dozens of "how-to" techniques, and if one or a
        few attract you, actually try to do them. There is no better way to
        learn about meditation than by meditating. And then if you have any
        questions, or want to share your experiences, this is the place.
        Peace and blessing,
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 26, 2004
          <jeff@m...> wrote:

          snip

          > Hi -
          >
          > Check out the files section here
          > as a starter.
          >
          > Best,
          >
          > Jeff
          > Mystic Heart Meditation

          Yo PapaJeff and all,

          I went to the files section and saw that the first file listed is an
          eBook of Alister Crowley meditations. I then found that I, as
          moderator, can't delete it, which I was inclined to do, particularly
          as it may be the first thing that a beginner may check, and I have
          great doubts that this would be the "best" this group can offer. So, I
          don't mind debating the rightness or wrongness of deleting this, and
          prefer that we don't have to, but I'd really like to know if anyone
          more compu-savey than me (which would be many), could tell me how one
          goes about getting rid of a file in this group.

          Also, PapaJeff himself has written a very good book, Sunrise at Two
          Lions, that can well serve as a good send off on the Yellow Brick road
          of meditation. It can be found at http://www.mindgoal.com
          BTW, to me, The Living Gita, and The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, both by
          Swami Satchidananda, are the best books you can find.
          PS: The Eagles did it again! Look out everybody else!!!