Re: The Total Meditation Diet

  • Era
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 26, 2004
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Flou" <tom@f...> wrote:

      > Right, Era.
      > If your priority is temporal importance.
      > Gurdjieff may have his ordered according
      > to physical density ;-)
      >
      > Tom

      yes, I see

      > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > > "We need three kinds of food to survive. The first food is
      > physical
      > > > food, the second is the air we breathe, and the third is the
      > external
      > > > and internal impressions that flood into our organs of perception
      > > > every second."
      > > > G. I. Gurdjieff
      > >

      > > Gurdijeff got the numbers mixed up
      > >
      > > # 1 is the air imho
      > >
      > > Era
    • Era
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 26, 2004
        "Era" <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
        > --- In "Tom Flou" <tom@f...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Right, Era.
        > > If your priority is temporal importance.
        > > Gurdjieff may have his ordered according
        > > to physical density ;-)
        > >
        > > Tom

        Tom, your winking kind answer kept me
        thinking about the etheric quality of
        food, of any food; mental physical or
        else

        I followed many diets among them one
        with vegan raw-live food; living in
        an Ashram where we planted the seeds
        with good-vibrations: with a mantra,
        harvested and cooked the same way,
        and eat the same way honoring the
        prana

        thanks for reminding me

        -right now I am not a vegan only
        mix food according their time of
        digestion, keeping in mind that proteins
        take 4-6 hours and fruits 1-2, so mixing
        them would be eating rotten fruits..

        was Gurdijeff vegetarian?

        metta, Era

        ps: food for my psyche is my favorite one

        > yes, I see

        > > physical
        > > external
        > > >

        > > > Gurdijeff got the numbers mixed up
        > > >
        > > > # 1 is the air imho
        > > >
        > > > Era
      • Tom Flou
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 27, 2004
          Hi Era.

          Its many years since I was "engaged with Gurdjieff."
          I recall him as a man of good and varied taste,
          not favoring or avoiding anything in particular.
          Smoking, eating and drinking with gusto.
          He was a good cook himself.
          I think he advocated trust in the intelligence
          of the autonomic body-functions, that you should not
          interfere with the functioning of the internal organs.
          I recall an anecdote from some book. He was traveling.
          At that time someone had convinced him it was important
          that the food be chewed 21 or something times before
          it was swallowed. (7 times left, 7 times right and
          7 times back and forth. >LOL< (Tom´s addition))
          Then he met this man who had the opinion that if you,
          with your mouth, did all the work on behalf of your stomach,
          the stomach would "forget" to do its job properly ;-)
          I like to think he applied this philosophy to all other,
          autonomic body functions.

          Personally I thing I would feel very comfortable
          at Gurdijeff´s table.

          Regarding the Ashram-gardening mode you refer to:
          My view is this:
          Do, whatever you do, with full attention.
          - Then it matters less what Mantra or vibration you put into it.
          And I don't think the vegetables care either. ;-)

          > ps: food for my psyche is my favorite one

          I agree, particularely after a good, Gurdijevian, meal :-)

          Tom