Re: The Total Meditation Diet

  • Era
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 25, 2004
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > "We need three kinds of food to survive. The first food is physical
      > food, the second is the air we breathe, and the third is the external
      > and internal impressions that flood into our organs of perception
      > every second."
      > G. I. Gurdjieff

      Gurdijeff got the numbers mixed up

      # 1 is the air imho

      Era
    • Tom Flou
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 26, 2004
        Right, Era.
        If your priority is temporal importance.
        Gurdjieff may have his ordered according
        to physical density ;-)

        Tom

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era"
        <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
        medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > "We need three kinds of food to survive. The first food is
        physical
        > > food, the second is the air we breathe, and the third is the
        external
        > > and internal impressions that flood into our organs of perception
        > > every second."
        > > G. I. Gurdjieff
        >

        > Gurdijeff got the numbers mixed up
        >
        > # 1 is the air imho
        >
        > Era
      • Era
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 26, 2004
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Flou" <tom@f...> wrote:

          > Right, Era.
          > If your priority is temporal importance.
          > Gurdjieff may have his ordered according
          > to physical density ;-)
          >
          > Tom

          yes, I see

          > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > > "We need three kinds of food to survive. The first food is
          > physical
          > > > food, the second is the air we breathe, and the third is the
          > external
          > > > and internal impressions that flood into our organs of perception
          > > > every second."
          > > > G. I. Gurdjieff
          > >

          > > Gurdijeff got the numbers mixed up
          > >
          > > # 1 is the air imho
          > >
          > > Era
        • Era
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 26, 2004
            "Era" <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
            > --- In "Tom Flou" <tom@f...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Right, Era.
            > > If your priority is temporal importance.
            > > Gurdjieff may have his ordered according
            > > to physical density ;-)
            > >
            > > Tom

            Tom, your winking kind answer kept me
            thinking about the etheric quality of
            food, of any food; mental physical or
            else

            I followed many diets among them one
            with vegan raw-live food; living in
            an Ashram where we planted the seeds
            with good-vibrations: with a mantra,
            harvested and cooked the same way,
            and eat the same way honoring the
            prana

            thanks for reminding me

            -right now I am not a vegan only
            mix food according their time of
            digestion, keeping in mind that proteins
            take 4-6 hours and fruits 1-2, so mixing
            them would be eating rotten fruits..

            was Gurdijeff vegetarian?

            metta, Era

            ps: food for my psyche is my favorite one

            > yes, I see

            > > physical
            > > external
            > > >

            > > > Gurdijeff got the numbers mixed up
            > > >
            > > > # 1 is the air imho
            > > >
            > > > Era
          • Tom Flou
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 27, 2004
              Hi Era.

              Its many years since I was "engaged with Gurdjieff."
              I recall him as a man of good and varied taste,
              not favoring or avoiding anything in particular.
              Smoking, eating and drinking with gusto.
              He was a good cook himself.
              I think he advocated trust in the intelligence
              of the autonomic body-functions, that you should not
              interfere with the functioning of the internal organs.
              I recall an anecdote from some book. He was traveling.
              At that time someone had convinced him it was important
              that the food be chewed 21 or something times before
              it was swallowed. (7 times left, 7 times right and
              7 times back and forth. >LOL< (Tom´s addition))
              Then he met this man who had the opinion that if you,
              with your mouth, did all the work on behalf of your stomach,
              the stomach would "forget" to do its job properly ;-)
              I like to think he applied this philosophy to all other,
              autonomic body functions.

              Personally I thing I would feel very comfortable
              at Gurdijeff´s table.

              Regarding the Ashram-gardening mode you refer to:
              My view is this:
              Do, whatever you do, with full attention.
              - Then it matters less what Mantra or vibration you put into it.
              And I don't think the vegetables care either. ;-)

              > ps: food for my psyche is my favorite one

              I agree, particularely after a good, Gurdijevian, meal :-)

              Tom