Re: Meditation/Visualization and Healing

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 24, 2004
      medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > From an email we received
      > "What's wrong?"
      > "ok what kinds of healings have you ever seen or heard about
      using
      > meditation/visualization that the body does'nt normally do? i
      have a
      > condition that the body does'nt usually repair. (spinal cord
      ischemia)
      > it happend in a car accident when somehow my aorta was
      ripped off my
      > heart and was'nt reattached for several hours,
      damaging/destroying the
      > cells from no oxygen. im a drummer paralized from the naval
      down for
      > over two years now, as i've been visualizing my body waking up
      and
      > walking away from this wheelchair and nothing has woke up
      yet. whats
      > wrong?"
      > K****
      >
      > Here's how we responsed - add yours if you feel moved to:
      > Dear K****
      > Meditation is not about changing one physical aspect for
      another, it's
      > more about waking up to reality and dealing with what is.
      > Visualization of your body getting up and walking away from
      your
      > wheelchair is potentially very worthwhile, as this would deal
      with
      > your higher/astral/dream/conscious body, or whatever name
      you feel is
      > best to describe a vehicle for out of (physical) body
      experiences. And
      > this "body" may lead you to know first hand the truth of the
      spiritual
      > axiom that you are not your body, or your emotions, or your
      mind. And
      > that "You" are pure consciousness, truth, and bliss...eternal
      and
      > infinite...united with all, everywhere, always, in all ways. And the
      2
      > years, or the 75 years of being in a physical body that perhaps
      is not
      > what you wish, can be looked at as a perfect motivator to dive
      deep
      > within to see what is eternal and not transient, what is real and
      not
      > illusion, and know who you are beyond the (temporary) identity
      of
      > being "...a drummer paralyzed from the naval down..."
      > With meditation, you can change the perspective that you see
      your life
      > in, and appreciate that there is only this moment and whether
      or not
      > you have full use of your physical body or not, the whole
      universe is
      > available to you in a real way transcendent of the limitations of
      the
      > material aspects of the world. And so, I encourage you to
      pursue
      > meditation and visualization and assure you that the greatest
      healing
      > possible has been attained and experienced by many, and
      certainly is
      > available to you, and that is to drop the illusionary "suffering"
      role
      > you have assumed, and know experientially your rightful
      identity as
      > loving divine oneness with all of creation.
      > Peace and blessings,
      > Bob Rose, President,
      > Meditation Society of America

      From a cosmic view... (necessarily
      a metaphor):

      When we seek healing in a miraculous
      way, we are asking for what we do not
      have the capacity to grasp with our logic
      and reasoning. We seek to connect
      with a power greater than we are as an
      individual – and this is extremely
      difficult to "truly" accept. We have been
      taught that we are separated from
      God, from any cosmic power, and
      the seed of doubt keeps us from
      connecting. And, as we mature
      and this disconnect gap widens,
      we come to identify ourselves as
      our thinking machine – and
      totally discount anything that
      threatens to replace our "ego"
      identification as "all there is".

      And this necessarily leaves us
      with the distinct impression that
      there is no "power" greater than
      our thinking machine.

      We can affirm for years and years
      and years, but the seed of doubt
      will prevent the manifestation of
      healing.

      Shift from affirmation to meditation -
      listening in the silence of meditation
      rather than affirming what we doubt
      or know through our senses to be
      not true, not the way it is in our
      perceived reality.

      It is in meditation, in the noble
      silence, that a solution may come.
      But that "solution" may not be
      what we had in mind for a solution.
      It may be more wonderful than
      anything we could previously
      think or imagine.

      And this solution may or may
      not include the physical healing...
      and this is hard to accept, but
      it may be better than the healing,
      making the healing irrelevant
      to our joy and happiness in
      this solution.

      This solution is a direct
      experience of connection to
      a level of reality, an astral
      level (and rarely, but still
      possible, a causal level)
      that transcends all
      of our previous notions
      about life and our place
      in it – and with this shift,
      we are "healed" in the only
      way that brings true happiness
      and contentment.

      In the Hindu system, this is
      "perfect peace of mind and
      utter tranquility of Nirvana".
      In Christianity, it is the real
      (not the watered down church
      version) spiritual rebirth -
      a return to our natural
      enlightenment, a direct
      experiential knowing of
      our own divinity and place
      within God.

      And now the cosmic part...

      On the astral level, light beings,
      (those who once lived on
      earth and experienced the
      gift of transcendence into
      the astral (and sometimes
      causal level) level while still
      in human form on the earth,
      AND who offered to come to
      the aid of those seeking
      connection ot God, or peace
      of mind, or healing, as they
      had when they were liviing
      in the physical world,) are
      guides into this mystical
      world who have access to
      our inner spirit in very,
      very subtle ways.

      Meditation that reaches
      the depth of what the Buddhist
      call "noble silence" opens
      the door for the entrance
      of these light beings, who
      bring the Wisdom of
      enlightenment – Light!
      of understanding of
      who we really are while
      in this world.

      To reach this noble silence
      requires a "sacrifice" of your
      ideas and wishes about
      healing, and a leaving of
      all attachment and urges
      and wishes at this silent
      alter. Very subtle and very
      few find there way here.

      Stay in the race.

      Connect with me through
      private email if you like,
      and if you felt any resonance
      with this approach.

      Jeff
    • Era
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 25, 2004
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > From an email we received
        > "What's wrong?"
        > "ok what kinds of healings have you ever seen or heard about using
        > meditation/visualization that the body does'nt normally do? i have a
        > condition that the body does'nt usually repair. (spinal cord ischemia)
        > it happend in a car accident when somehow my aorta was ripped off my
        > heart and was'nt reattached for several hours, damaging/destroying the
        > cells from no oxygen. im a drummer paralized from the naval down for
        > over two years now, as i've been visualizing my body waking up and
        > walking away from this wheelchair and nothing has woke up yet. whats
        > wrong?"
        > K****
        >
        > Here's how we responsed - add yours if you feel moved to:
        > Dear K****
        > Meditation is not about changing one physical aspect for another, it's
        > more about waking up to reality and dealing with what is.
        > Visualization of your body getting up and walking away from your
        > wheelchair is potentially very worthwhile, as this would deal with
        > your higher/astral/dream/conscious body, or whatever name you feel is
        > best to describe a vehicle for out of (physical) body experiences. And
        > this "body" may lead you to know first hand the truth of the spiritual
        > axiom that you are not your body, or your emotions, or your mind. And
        > that "You" are pure consciousness, truth, and bliss...eternal and
        > infinite...united with all, everywhere, always, in all ways. And the 2
        > years, or the 75 years of being in a physical body that perhaps is not
        > what you wish, can be looked at as a perfect motivator to dive deep
        > within to see what is eternal and not transient, what is real and not
        > illusion, and know who you are beyond the (temporary) identity of
        > being "...a drummer paralyzed from the naval down..."
        > With meditation, you can change the perspective that you see your life
        > in, and appreciate that there is only this moment and whether or not
        > you have full use of your physical body or not, the whole universe is
        > available to you in a real way transcendent of the limitations of the
        > material aspects of the world. And so, I encourage you to pursue
        > meditation and visualization and assure you that the greatest healing
        > possible has been attained and experienced by many, and certainly is
        > available to you, and that is to drop the illusionary "suffering" role
        > you have assumed, and know experientially your rightful identity as
        > loving divine oneness with all of creation.
        > Peace and blessings,
        > Bob Rose, President,
        > Meditation Society of America

        hi,