Re: Religion

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 24, 2004
      <murrkis@y...> wrote:
      > Hello, Jeff,
      >
      > It would seem that while the folks
      > you have met via the internet who
      > write of transformation feel no need
      > to couch it in spiritual or religious
      > language, the 'religion' is still there.
      > Why else would someone log on every single
      > day and read all these messages?
      >
      > So, what Don told you, that religion exists
      > to support transformation, might be more
      > applicable in this situation than first
      > glance.
      >
      > On the other hand, one might wonder whether
      > religion exists as a byproduct of transformation.
      > It is all 'how you see it'.
      >
      > Nina

      Hello, Neeeeeeeeena,

      Yes, many of the denomination Internetist
      do their daily readers "faithfully". Round and round
      this world goes. Maybe Yahoo! will replace
      Hallelujah! one day, the way "What IS" or
      "This" replaces God.

      A Bob Rose by any other name, would he
      be as sweet? (Posting especially sweet
      and divine messages these last few days.
      Gratitude for a good start to his gods of
      the pigskin contests.)

      Religion as a byproduct of transformation
      seems to be on the same hand as Don's
      bit of wisdom. Chicken or egg?

      Sipping hot lemon water, reflecting on
      days of hazelnut coffee and cinnamon buns.

      Blissful love for you, as always,

      Jeff

      (ü)
    • Santino_50
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 24, 2004
        Ideally, religiosity and spirituality complement each
        other. I practice a religion which has it's "rules &
        regs" delineated at length. Happily, it also has a
        long, rich tradition of meditation and mysticism. It
        seems to me that most mystics--western or eastern
        Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, etc.--use the
        basic tennants of their faith traditions as anchors as
        they find their own spiritual paths. There are very
        religious people who are not particularly spiritual
        and spiritually mature individuals for whom religion
        holds little meaning. I believe, however, that in an
        ideal world, however, each enriches the other.

        thanks,

        Patrick

        --- Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:

        > "Nina"
        > <murrkis@y...> wrote:
        > > Hello, Jeff,
        > >
        > > It would seem that while the folks
        > > you have met via the internet who
        > > write of transformation feel no need
        > > to couch it in spiritual or religious
        > > language, the 'religion' is still there.
        > > Why else would someone log on every single
        > > day and read all these messages?
        > >
        > > So, what Don told you, that religion exists
        > > to support transformation, might be more
        > > applicable in this situation than first
        > > glance.
        > >
        > > On the other hand, one might wonder whether
        > > religion exists as a byproduct of transformation.
        > > It is all 'how you see it'.
        > >
        > > Nina
        >
        > Hello, Neeeeeeeeena,
        >
        > Yes, many of the denomination Internetist
        > do their daily readers "faithfully". Round and round
        > this world goes. Maybe Yahoo! will replace
        > Hallelujah! one day, the way "What IS" or
        > "This" replaces God.
        >
        > A Bob Rose by any other name, would he
        > be as sweet? (Posting especially sweet
        > and divine messages these last few days.
        > Gratitude for a good start to his gods of
        > the pigskin contests.)
        >
        > Religion as a byproduct of transformation
        > seems to be on the same hand as Don's
        > bit of wisdom. Chicken or egg?
        >
        > Sipping hot lemon water, reflecting on
        > days of hazelnut coffee and cinnamon buns.
        >
        > Blissful love for you, as always,
        >
        > Jeff
        >
        > (�)

        http://vote.yahoo.com
      • Nina
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 24, 2004
          Good morning, Jeff,

          > Yes, many of the denomination Internetist
          > do their daily readers "faithfully". Round and round
          > this world goes. Maybe Yahoo! will replace
          > Hallelujah! one day, the way "What IS" or
          > "This" replaces God.

          Praise be!

          > A Bob Rose by any other name, would he
          > be as sweet? (Posting especially sweet
          > and divine messages these last few days.
          > Gratitude for a good start to his gods of
          > the pigskin contests.)

          Oh, feetball, it is that time of year again.

          > Religion as a byproduct of transformation
          > seems to be on the same hand as Don's
          > bit of wisdom. Chicken or egg?

          Well, I know one at least place where you can have your
          chicken and egg together: the Waffle House. If I recall
          correctly, you get some hasbrowns on the side, too.
          Back in the late 80s when I was workin' at the Waffle House,
          it was only $5.99. What a deal, if you don't count
          the killer indoor air quality.

          > Sipping hot lemon water, reflecting on
          > days of hazelnut coffee and cinnamon buns.

          Try a dash of cayenne in that lemon water
          and make it warm... gare-ON-teed to get you
          up and... uh... going. ;)

          > Blissful love for you, as always,

          Thanks, Jeff, you mushbucket, you. Hehe...

          the ever irreverent,
          Nina
        • Jason Fishman
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 25, 2004
            --- Nina <murrkis@...> wrote:

            > Well, I know one at least place where you can have your
            > chicken and egg together: the Waffle House. If I recall
            > correctly, you get some hasbrowns on the side, too.
            > Back in the late 80s when I was workin' at the Waffle House,
            > it was only $5.99. What a deal, if you don't count
            > the killer indoor air quality.

            Yay! Waffle house!! Are they even in biz anymore? I worked there
            in the 80's too. Now the air quality is even worse though working
            in a printing plant. Shoulda became a structural engineer :-)

            P&L

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail