Re: [Meditation Society of America] Digest Number 1090

  • Barbara Gershenson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2004
      i think you're on the right track. keep visualizing what you want to happen and that's how our bodies work to make it so. the mind and the body and all of the chemicals in the neuroendocrine system are unknown entities and the possibilities are endlesss................

      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/OnSolB/TM

      There are 2 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Meditation/Visualization and Healing
      From: medit8ionsociety
      2. Re: Affirmations
      From: medit8ionsociety

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 01:09:09 -0000
      From: medit8ionsociety
      Subject: Meditation/Visualization and Healing

      From an email we received
      "What's wrong?"
      "ok what kinds of healings have you ever seen or heard about using
      meditation/visualization that the body does'nt normally do? i have a
      condition that the body does'nt usually repair. (spinal cord ischemia)
      it happend in a car accident when somehow my aorta was ripped off my
      heart and was'nt reattached for several hours, damaging/destroying the
      cells from no oxygen. im a drummer paralized from the naval down for
      over two years now, as i've been visualizing my body waking up and
      walking away from this wheelchair and nothing has woke up yet. whats
      wrong?"
      K****

      Here's how we responsed - add yours if you feel moved to:
      Dear K****
      Meditation is not about changing one physical aspect for another, it's
      more about waking up to reality and dealing with what is.
      Visualization of your body getting up and walking away from your
      wheelchair is potentially very worthwhile, as this would deal with
      your higher/astral/dream/conscious body, or whatever name you feel is
      best to describe a vehicle for out of (physical) body experiences. And
      this "body" may lead you to know first hand the truth of the spiritual
      axiom that you are not your body, or your emotions, or your mind. And
      that "You" are pure consciousness, truth, and bliss...eternal and
      infinite...united with all, everywhere, always, in all ways. And the 2
      years, or the 75 years of being in a physical body that perhaps is not
      what you wish, can be looked at as a perfect motivator to dive deep
      within to see what is eternal and not transient, what is real and not
      illusion, and know who you are beyond the (temporary) identity of
      being "...a drummer paralyzed from the naval down..."
      With meditation, you can change the perspective that you see your life
      in, and appreciate that there is only this moment and whether or not
      you have full use of your physical body or not, the whole universe is
      available to you in a real way transcendent of the limitations of the
      material aspects of the world. And so, I encourage you to pursue
      meditation and visualization and assure you that the greatest healing
      possible has been attained and experienced by many, and certainly is
      available to you, and that is to drop the illusionary "suffering" role
      you have assumed, and know experientially your rightful identity as
      loving divine oneness with all of creation.
      Peace and blessings,
      Bob Rose, President,
      Meditation Society of America

      Message: 2
      Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 01:17:50 -0000
      From: medit8ionsociety
      Subject: Re: Affirmations

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Santino_50
      wrote:
      > Hello Everyone,
      >
      > My name is Patrick and I'm new to this group. I
      > joined to find support for my meditative practices.
      > Last month I began meditating every morning and
      > evening, as well as repeating positive affirmations to
      > myself at various points throughout my day. I have
      > read alot of material on websites about affirmations.
      > What I'd like to know are any personal experiences
      > with them which anyone might be willing to share.
      > Feel free to respond to me off list or through the
      > listserv, whichever you prefer. I am truly interested
      > in learning about other peoples' experiences.
      >
      > Thank you,
      >
      > Patrick

      Yo Patrick,
      Welcome to the group. Personally, I have had many very good
      experiences with affirmations, and feel that they very effectively
      help replace habitual negativity and give your brain new pathways to
      react to, that can be far more condusive to well-being than ones that
      were programed into us as kids, in school, from TV ads, etc.
      Affirmations have great power and potential for beneficial recreation
      of who "you" are, and how you feel and think. We have a nice
      Affirmation section on our CD and the following Affirmation meditation
      is on our web site, I hope this is "affirmative" for you and all:-)

      Affirmations
      Our basic state is one of purity, bliss, and awareness. When you were
      a baby you were in this virginal, joyous condition. The events of your
      life have caused you to add layers of negativity around this holy
      state to such a degree that now you suffer more and more and
      experience the blessed and immaculate in your life far too rarely. You
      need to add nothing to know the ecstasy that is your birthright. What
      will let this eternal moment of infinite joy reoccur is the removal of
      the obstacles to your pure energy connection.

      The first step in recovering your perfection is to melt away all your
      tension. Relax. Witness and feel your breath as it comes and goes.
      With every exhale, send out a characteristic that has caused you to be
      blind to your light. With every inhale, bring into your being a divine
      attribute and feel yourself being purified. Send the energy throughout
      your body, mind, and emotions.

      Exhale fear, inhale courage.

      Exhale cold-heartedness, inhale compassion.

      Exhale ignorance, inhale wisdom.

      Exhale egoism, inhale humility.

      Exhale nervousness, inhale tranquility.

      Exhale hate, inhale love.

      Exhale suffering, inhale peace.

      And on and on and on.

      Continue until you have nothing else blocking your glory. At the right
      time, your holy moment arrives. Then, even your affirmations are
      unnecessary. The silence that transcends all names and forms fills you
      as you realize your oneness with the source of all breath. Your
      consciousness fills the universe and you had simply forgotten this,
      your eternal reality. You awaken from the dream and live happily ever
      after.

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/