Meditation/Visualization and Healing

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 22, 2004
      From an email we received
      "What's wrong?"
      "ok what kinds of healings have you ever seen or heard about using
      meditation/visualization that the body does'nt normally do? i have a
      condition that the body does'nt usually repair. (spinal cord ischemia)
      it happend in a car accident when somehow my aorta was ripped off my
      heart and was'nt reattached for several hours, damaging/destroying the
      cells from no oxygen. im a drummer paralized from the naval down for
      over two years now, as i've been visualizing my body waking up and
      walking away from this wheelchair and nothing has woke up yet. whats
      wrong?"
      K****

      Here's how we responsed - add yours if you feel moved to:
      Dear K****
      Meditation is not about changing one physical aspect for another, it's
      more about waking up to reality and dealing with what is.
      Visualization of your body getting up and walking away from your
      wheelchair is potentially very worthwhile, as this would deal with
      your higher/astral/dream/conscious body, or whatever name you feel is
      best to describe a vehicle for out of (physical) body experiences. And
      this "body" may lead you to know first hand the truth of the spiritual
      axiom that you are not your body, or your emotions, or your mind. And
      that "You" are pure consciousness, truth, and bliss...eternal and
      infinite...united with all, everywhere, always, in all ways. And the 2
      years, or the 75 years of being in a physical body that perhaps is not
      what you wish, can be looked at as a perfect motivator to dive deep
      within to see what is eternal and not transient, what is real and not
      illusion, and know who you are beyond the (temporary) identity of
      being "...a drummer paralyzed from the naval down..."
      With meditation, you can change the perspective that you see your life
      in, and appreciate that there is only this moment and whether or not
      you have full use of your physical body or not, the whole universe is
      available to you in a real way transcendent of the limitations of the
      material aspects of the world. And so, I encourage you to pursue
      meditation and visualization and assure you that the greatest healing
      possible has been attained and experienced by many, and certainly is
      available to you, and that is to drop the illusionary "suffering" role
      you have assumed, and know experientially your rightful identity as
      loving divine oneness with all of creation.
      Peace and blessings,
      Bob Rose, President,
      Meditation Society of America
    • ganeshbabu vempati
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 23, 2004

        From an email we received
[...]

        My sincere wishes and greetings to Barbara and the most useful sugestion was given to you by Bob Rose, the President whome I really appreciate. The pains and sufferings come to the physica lbody due to the pastdeeds in this life and the previous lives. If you do meditation sincerely your third eye i.e the 6th centre at your forehead and get visualisation powers so that you can clearly understood everything responsible for this cause due to which you will be relaxed from that suffering. Even you get out of body experiences with which you will understand, how you are connected to the astral world and works you are doing.

        Peace and wisdom from your HIGHERSELF,

        Ganesh Babu Vempati

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Jeff Belyea
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 24, 2004
          medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
> [...]
          your life
          > in, and appreciate that there is only this moment and whether
          or not
          > you have full use of your physical body or not, the whole
          universe is
          > available to you in a real way transcendent of the limitations of
          the
          > material aspects of the world. And so, I encourage you to
          pursue
          > meditation and visualization and assure you that the greatest
          healing
          > possible has been attained and experienced by many, and
          certainly is
          > available to you, and that is to drop the illusionary "suffering"
          role
          > you have assumed, and know experientially your rightful
          identity as
          > loving divine oneness with all of creation.

          From a cosmic view... (necessarily
          a metaphor):

          When we seek healing in a miraculous
          way, we are asking for what we do not
          have the capacity to grasp with our logic
          and reasoning. We seek to connect
          with a power greater than we are as an
          individual – and this is extremely
          difficult to "truly" accept. We have been
          taught that we are separated from
          God, from any cosmic power, and
          the seed of doubt keeps us from
          connecting. And, as we mature
          and this disconnect gap widens,
          we come to identify ourselves as
          our thinking machine – and
          totally discount anything that
          threatens to replace our "ego"
          identification as "all there is".

          And this necessarily leaves us
          with the distinct impression that
          there is no "power" greater than
          our thinking machine.

          We can affirm for years and years
          and years, but the seed of doubt
          will prevent the manifestation of
          healing.

          Shift from affirmation to meditation -
          listening in the silence of meditation
          rather than affirming what we doubt
          or know through our senses to be
          not true, not the way it is in our
          perceived reality.

          It is in meditation, in the noble
          silence, that a solution may come.
          But that "solution" may not be
          what we had in mind for a solution.
          It may be more wonderful than
          anything we could previously
          think or imagine.

          And this solution may or may
          not include the physical healing...
          and this is hard to accept, but
          it may be better than the healing,
          making the healing irrelevant
          to our joy and happiness in
          this solution.

          This solution is a direct
          experience of connection to
          a level of reality, an astral
          level (and rarely, but still
          possible, a causal level)
          that transcends all
          of our previous notions
          about life and our place
          in it – and with this shift,
          we are "healed" in the only
          way that brings true happiness
          and contentment.

          In the Hindu system, this is
          "perfect peace of mind and
          utter tranquility of Nirvana".
          In Christianity, it is the real
          (not the watered down church
          version) spiritual rebirth -
          a return to our natural
          enlightenment, a direct
          experiential knowing of
          our own divinity and place
          within God.

          And now the cosmic part...

          On the astral level, light beings,
          (those who once lived on
          earth and experienced the
          gift of transcendence into
          the astral (and sometimes
          causal level) level while still
          in human form on the earth,
          AND who offered to come to
          the aid of those seeking
          connection ot God, or peace
          of mind, or healing, as they
          had when they were liviing
          in the physical world,) are
          guides into this mystical
          world who have access to
          our inner spirit in very,
          very subtle ways.

          Meditation that reaches
          the depth of what the Buddhist
          call "noble silence" opens
          the door for the entrance
          of these light beings, who
          bring the Wisdom of
          enlightenment – Light!
          of understanding of
          who we really are while
          in this world.

          To reach this noble silence
          requires a "sacrifice" of your
          ideas and wishes about
          healing, and a leaving of
          all attachment and urges
          and wishes at this silent
          alter. Very subtle and very
          few find there way here.

          Stay in the race.

          Connect with me through
          private email if you like,
          and if you felt any resonance
          with this approach.

          Jeff
        • Era
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 25, 2004
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > From an email we received
            > "What's wrong?"
            > "ok what kinds of healings have you ever seen or heard about using
            > meditation/visualization that the body does'nt normally do? i have a
            > condition that the body does'nt usually repair. (spinal cord ischemia)
            > it happend in a car accident when somehow my aorta was ripped off my
            > heart and was'nt reattached for several hours, damaging/destroying the
            > cells from no oxygen. im a drummer paralized from the naval down for
            > over two years now, as i've been visualizing my body waking up and
            > walking away from this wheelchair and nothing has woke up yet. whats
            > wrong?"
            > K****
            >
            > Here's how we responsed - add yours if you feel moved to:
            > Dear K****
            > Meditation is not about changing one physical aspect for another, it's
            > more about waking up to reality and dealing with what is.
            > Visualization of your body getting up and walking away from your
            > wheelchair is potentially very worthwhile, as this would deal with
            > your higher/astral/dream/conscious body, or whatever name you feel is
            > best to describe a vehicle for out of (physical) body experiences. And
            > this "body" may lead you to know first hand the truth of the spiritual
            > axiom that you are not your body, or your emotions, or your mind. And
            > that "You" are pure consciousness, truth, and bliss...eternal and
            > infinite...united with all, everywhere, always, in all ways. And the 2
            > years, or the 75 years of being in a physical body that perhaps is not
            > what you wish, can be looked at as a perfect motivator to dive deep
            > within to see what is eternal and not transient, what is real and not
            > illusion, and know who you are beyond the (temporary) identity of
            > being "...a drummer paralyzed from the naval down..."
            > With meditation, you can change the perspective that you see your life
            > in, and appreciate that there is only this moment and whether or not
            > you have full use of your physical body or not, the whole universe is
            > available to you in a real way transcendent of the limitations of the
            > material aspects of the world. And so, I encourage you to pursue
            > meditation and visualization and assure you that the greatest healing
            > possible has been attained and experienced by many, and certainly is
            > available to you, and that is to drop the illusionary "suffering" role
            > you have assumed, and know experientially your rightful identity as
            > loving divine oneness with all of creation.
            > Peace and blessings,
            > Bob Rose, President,
            > Meditation Society of America

            hi,