Affirmations

  • Santino_50
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 22, 2004
      Hello Everyone,

      My name is Patrick and I'm new to this group. I
      joined to find support for my meditative practices.
      Last month I began meditating every morning and
      evening, as well as repeating positive affirmations to
      myself at various points throughout my day. I have
      read alot of material on websites about affirmations.
      What I'd like to know are any personal experiences
      with them which anyone might be willing to share.
      Feel free to respond to me off list or through the
      listserv, whichever you prefer. I am truly interested
      in learning about other peoples' experiences.

      Thank you,

      Patrick

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 22, 2004
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Santino_50
        <santino_50@y...> wrote:
        > Hello Everyone,
        >
        > My name is Patrick and I'm new to this group. I
        > joined to find support for my meditative practices.
        > Last month I began meditating every morning and
        > evening, as well as repeating positive affirmations to
        > myself at various points throughout my day. I have
        > read alot of material on websites about affirmations.
        > What I'd like to know are any personal experiences
        > with them which anyone might be willing to share.
        > Feel free to respond to me off list or through the
        > listserv, whichever you prefer. I am truly interested
        > in learning about other peoples' experiences.
        >
        > Thank you,
        >
        > Patrick

        Yo Patrick,
        Welcome to the group. Personally, I have had many very good
        experiences with affirmations, and feel that they very effectively
        help replace habitual negativity and give your brain new pathways to
        react to, that can be far more condusive to well-being than ones that
        were programed into us as kids, in school, from TV ads, etc.
        Affirmations have great power and potential for beneficial recreation
        of who "you" are, and how you feel and think. We have a nice
        Affirmation section on our CD and the following Affirmation meditation
        is on our web site, I hope this is "affirmative" for you and all:-)

        Affirmations
        Our basic state is one of purity, bliss, and awareness. When you were
        a baby you were in this virginal, joyous condition. The events of your
        life have caused you to add layers of negativity around this holy
        state to such a degree that now you suffer more and more and
        experience the blessed and immaculate in your life far too rarely. You
        need to add nothing to know the ecstasy that is your birthright. What
        will let this eternal moment of infinite joy reoccur is the removal of
        the obstacles to your pure energy connection.

        The first step in recovering your perfection is to melt away all your
        tension. Relax. Witness and feel your breath as it comes and goes.
        With every exhale, send out a characteristic that has caused you to be
        blind to your light. With every inhale, bring into your being a divine
        attribute and feel yourself being purified. Send the energy throughout
        your body, mind, and emotions.

        Exhale fear, inhale courage.

        Exhale cold-heartedness, inhale compassion.

        Exhale ignorance, inhale wisdom.

        Exhale egoism, inhale humility.

        Exhale nervousness, inhale tranquility.

        Exhale hate, inhale love.

        Exhale suffering, inhale peace.

        And on and on and on.

        Continue until you have nothing else blocking your glory. At the right
        time, your holy moment arrives. Then, even your affirmations are
        unnecessary. The silence that transcends all names and forms fills you
        as you realize your oneness with the source of all breath. Your
        consciousness fills the universe and you had simply forgotten this,
        your eternal reality. You awaken from the dream and live happily ever
        after.

        > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • Jeff Belyea
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 24, 2004
          Santino_50 <santino_50@y...> wrote:
          > Hello Everyone,
          >
          > My name is Patrick and I'm new to this group. I
          > joined to find support for my meditative practices.
          > Last month I began meditating every morning and
          > evening, as well as repeating positive affirmations to
          > myself at various points throughout my day. I have
          > read alot of material on websites about affirmations.
          > What I'd like to know are any personal experiences
          > with them which anyone might be willing to share.
          > Feel free to respond to me off list or through the
          > listserv, whichever you prefer. I am truly interested
          > in learning about other peoples' experiences.
          >
          > Thank you,
          >
          > Patrick

          Hi Patrick -

          Speaking from (writing from) experience:

          The value of affirmations in replacing
          negative self-talk with positive statements
          is a way to help open the door to greater
          Self-realization. Taking action in the
          direction of your affirmations is equally
          important in moving you toward your
          goals.

          Meditation waters the seeds planted
          by affirmation and can bring surprising
          insights that come in a startling way.

          At some point in meditation, for some
          people who are seeking greater peace
          of mind and a sense of their place in
          the world, the insight that comes is
          one of Wisdom, a totally new way
          (or renewed way) of Knowing that is
          often written and spoken of in spiritual
          language, and always by way of
          metaphor – because words cannot
          capture this "beyond the mind's
          reasoning and sense perception".

          When we hear this Wisdom Whisper
          from the heart, we shift into a new
          way of being in the world. In some
          scripture it is called "stepping into
          perfection". With this perspective
          gained, life becomes a play of
          consciousness and a freedom
          from fear and doubt that is
          remarkable by any standards.

          This shift is into bliss – a joy
          and understanding that makes
          life a meditation, and life
          experiences moment to
          moment all affirmations
          of this "perfection".

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 24 6:09 AM
              I too am new here and very glad to be. My name is Wade.I am 60 years old and disabled.So I choose to spend my golden years changing the way I think, what I think about and how I think about them.I am using meditation affirmations and guided hypnosis.The rest of my life is going to be spent on personal Growth. My current affirmations are as follows: Change Your Thoughts, and change your life.I am transformed by the renewing of my mind.I live a life of gratitude.My attitude determines my altitude.Personal growth and changes are easy,when I have a positive attitude.I use my mind's latent abilities (affirmations planted in the subconscious mind) for visualizing positive out comes.I keep my mind occupied with positive intent,focused on only the good.I avoid negative words,thoughts and accompanying emotions like the plague.My positive thoughts manifests my experience.In everything,I apply the law of gratitude.
              Every day I become better and better in every way.
              I am now open to receive the good that God has for me

              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Santino_50 <santino_50@...> wrote:

              > Hello Everyone,
              >
              > My name is Patrick and I'm new to this group. I
              > joined to find support for my meditative practices.
              > Last month I began meditating every morning and
              > evening, as well as repeating positive affirmations to
              > myself at various points throughout my day. I have
              > read alot of material on websites about affirmations.
              > What I'd like to know are any personal experiences
              > with them which anyone might be willing to share.
              > Feel free to respond to me off list or through the
              > listserv, whichever you prefer. I am truly interested
              > in learning about other peoples' experiences.
              >
              > Thank you,
              >
              > Patrick

              > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

            • Stanford
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 24 11:04 AM
                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Santino_50 <santino_50@...> wrote:

                > Hello Everyone,
                >
                > My name is Patrick and I'm new to this group. I
                > joined to find support for my meditative practices.
                > Last month I began meditating every morning and
                > evening, as well as repeating positive affirmations to
                > myself at various points throughout my day. I have
                > read alot of material on websites about affirmations.
                > What I'd like to know are any personal experiences
                > with them which anyone might be willing to share.
                > Feel free to respond to me off list or through the
                > listserv, whichever you prefer. I am truly interested
                > in learning about other peoples' experiences.
                >
                > Thank you,
                >
                > Patrick

                > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

              • Jack Downing
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 24 12:51 PM
                  Loved your message Wade. Your aspirations are mine as well.

                  I practice focusing my attention on what is right and true and good and complete, rather than what is lacking, what's wrong, the flaws, etc.  I know that my life is an outward manifestation of my thoughts. Good thoughts, good life.
                  Shitty thoughts, shitty life.  Thoughts are things that we constantly create. Each thought, in way, is a prayer. I had to ask myself, what am creating or praying for today? I want my thoughts to be good thoughts. Thoughts of abundance, love, hope, and joy. Thoughts of appreciation and gratitude. I have an attitude of gratitude today focusing not just on the gifts of God, but the Giver behind the gifts.

                  Here are some favorite affirmations:

                  • I see God in everyone because God is all I see.
                  • Everything is working out for my highest good.
                  • All my ways are pleasant ways, and all my paths are peace.
                  • In quietness and confidence shall be my peace.
                  • God loves me.
                  • I relax and cast aside all mental burdens and allow God to express through me his perfect love, peace, and wisdom.
                  Blessings,
                  Jack

                  On 3/24/2012 9:09 AM, Wade wrote:

                  I too am new here and very glad to be. My name is Wade.I am 60 years old and disabled.So I choose to spend my golden years changing the way I think, what I think about and how I think about them.I am using meditation affirmations and guided hypnosis.The rest of my life is going to be spent on personal Growth. My current affirmations are as follows: Change Your Thoughts, and change your life.I am transformed by the renewing of my mind.I live a life of gratitude.My attitude determines my altitude.Personal growth and changes are easy,when I have a positive attitude.I use my mind's latent abilities (affirmations planted in the subconscious mind) for visualizing positive out comes.I keep my mind occupied with positive intent,focused on only the good.I avoid negative words,thoughts and accompanying emotions like the plague.My positive thoughts manifests my experience.In everything,I apply the law of gratitude.
                  Every day I become better and better in every way.
                  I am now open to receive the good that God has for me

                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Santino_50 <santino_50@...> wrote:

                  > Hello Everyone,
                  >
                  > My name is Patrick and I'm new to this group. I
                  > joined to find support for my meditative practices.
                  > Last month I began meditating every morning and
                  > evening, as well as repeating positive affirmations to
                  > myself at various points throughout my day. I have
                  > read alot of material on websites about affirmations.
                  > What I'd like to know are any personal experiences
                  > with them which anyone might be willing to share.
                  > Feel free to respond to me off list or through the
                  > listserv, whichever you prefer. I am truly interested
                  > in learning about other peoples' experiences.
                  >
                  > Thank you,
                  >
                  > Patrick

                  > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

                • Wade Whittaker
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 26 5:09 PM
                    Hey Patrick,
                    You and I have just started using affirmations.I am curious to know if you are feeling excited about employing affirmations as I am,it is almost like magic..I find it absolutely amazing how well it is working for me.Especially about the amount of negative thoughts we were unconsciously using before we began an awareness of our guarded positive thoughts.My wife has noticed positive changes that I have made in just two months of  using positive affirmations.So much so that she is now using affirmations also.

                    Wade Whittaker
                  • Wade Whittaker
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 27 4:15 PM
                      Jack,
                      Thank you for welcoming me to the group ........You are so right about , "........focusing not just on the gifts of God, but the Giver behind the gifts." Thank you for reminding me of this very important POINT. It is from God that sends the giver of the gifts and is far more important than the gift itself, Of whom I am to love as myself.And I do so unconditionally.For everyone that I meet,I feel that they have something that I can learn from them,even if there is no other gift involved.The gift may be the lesson I learn from the person I have just met.The circumstance could be that I am meeting this person so that together we both may learn something that we both need to know.

                      Wade Whittaker