Re: The Total Meditation Diet

  • Nina
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 17, 2004
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > "We need three kinds of food to survive. The first food is physical
      > food, the second is the air we breathe, and the third is the
      external
      > and internal impressions that flood into our organs of perception
      > every second."
      > G. I. Gurdjieff

      <beavis/butthead voice>

      Hehe, he said flood, hehe...

      Nina
    • Era
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 25, 2004
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > "We need three kinds of food to survive. The first food is physical
        > food, the second is the air we breathe, and the third is the external
        > and internal impressions that flood into our organs of perception
        > every second."
        > G. I. Gurdjieff

        Gurdijeff got the numbers mixed up

        # 1 is the air imho

        Era
      • Tom Flou
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 26, 2004
          Right, Era.
          If your priority is temporal importance.
          Gurdjieff may have his ordered according
          to physical density ;-)

          Tom

          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era"
          <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
          medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > "We need three kinds of food to survive. The first food is
          physical
          > > food, the second is the air we breathe, and the third is the
          external
          > > and internal impressions that flood into our organs of perception
          > > every second."
          > > G. I. Gurdjieff
          >

          > Gurdijeff got the numbers mixed up
          >
          > # 1 is the air imho
          >
          > Era
        • Era
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 26, 2004
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Flou" <tom@f...> wrote:

            > Right, Era.
            > If your priority is temporal importance.
            > Gurdjieff may have his ordered according
            > to physical density ;-)
            >
            > Tom

            yes, I see

            > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > > "We need three kinds of food to survive. The first food is
            > physical
            > > > food, the second is the air we breathe, and the third is the
            > external
            > > > and internal impressions that flood into our organs of perception
            > > > every second."
            > > > G. I. Gurdjieff
            > >

            > > Gurdijeff got the numbers mixed up
            > >
            > > # 1 is the air imho
            > >
            > > Era
          • Era
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 26, 2004
              "Era" <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
              > --- In "Tom Flou" <tom@f...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Right, Era.
              > > If your priority is temporal importance.
              > > Gurdjieff may have his ordered according
              > > to physical density ;-)
              > >
              > > Tom

              Tom, your winking kind answer kept me
              thinking about the etheric quality of
              food, of any food; mental physical or
              else

              I followed many diets among them one
              with vegan raw-live food; living in
              an Ashram where we planted the seeds
              with good-vibrations: with a mantra,
              harvested and cooked the same way,
              and eat the same way honoring the
              prana

              thanks for reminding me

              -right now I am not a vegan only
              mix food according their time of
              digestion, keeping in mind that proteins
              take 4-6 hours and fruits 1-2, so mixing
              them would be eating rotten fruits..

              was Gurdijeff vegetarian?

              metta, Era

              ps: food for my psyche is my favorite one

              > yes, I see

              > > physical
              > > external
              > > >

              > > > Gurdijeff got the numbers mixed up
              > > >
              > > > # 1 is the air imho
              > > >
              > > > Era
            • Tom Flou
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 27, 2004
                Hi Era.

                Its many years since I was "engaged with Gurdjieff."
                I recall him as a man of good and varied taste,
                not favoring or avoiding anything in particular.
                Smoking, eating and drinking with gusto.
                He was a good cook himself.
                I think he advocated trust in the intelligence
                of the autonomic body-functions, that you should not
                interfere with the functioning of the internal organs.
                I recall an anecdote from some book. He was traveling.
                At that time someone had convinced him it was important
                that the food be chewed 21 or something times before
                it was swallowed. (7 times left, 7 times right and
                7 times back and forth. >LOL< (Tom´s addition))
                Then he met this man who had the opinion that if you,
                with your mouth, did all the work on behalf of your stomach,
                the stomach would "forget" to do its job properly ;-)
                I like to think he applied this philosophy to all other,
                autonomic body functions.

                Personally I thing I would feel very comfortable
                at Gurdijeff´s table.

                Regarding the Ashram-gardening mode you refer to:
                My view is this:
                Do, whatever you do, with full attention.
                - Then it matters less what Mantra or vibration you put into it.
                And I don't think the vegetables care either. ;-)

                > ps: food for my psyche is my favorite one

                I agree, particularely after a good, Gurdijevian, meal :-)

                Tom