The Total Meditation Diet

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 16 8:34 PM
      "We need three kinds of food to survive. The first food is physical
      food, the second is the air we breathe, and the third is the external
      and internal impressions that flood into our organs of perception
      every second."
      G. I. Gurdjieff
    • Nina
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 17 6:48 AM
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > "We need three kinds of food to survive. The first food is physical
        > food, the second is the air we breathe, and the third is the
        external
        > and internal impressions that flood into our organs of perception
        > every second."
        > G. I. Gurdjieff

        <beavis/butthead voice>

        Hehe, he said flood, hehe...

        Nina
      • Era
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 25 2:28 PM
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > "We need three kinds of food to survive. The first food is physical
          > food, the second is the air we breathe, and the third is the external
          > and internal impressions that flood into our organs of perception
          > every second."
          > G. I. Gurdjieff

          Gurdijeff got the numbers mixed up

          # 1 is the air imho

          Era
        • Tom Flou
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 26 6:32 AM
            Right, Era.
            If your priority is temporal importance.
            Gurdjieff may have his ordered according
            to physical density ;-)

            Tom

            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Era"
            <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
            medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > "We need three kinds of food to survive. The first food is
            physical
            > > food, the second is the air we breathe, and the third is the
            external
            > > and internal impressions that flood into our organs of perception
            > > every second."
            > > G. I. Gurdjieff
            >

            > Gurdijeff got the numbers mixed up
            >
            > # 1 is the air imho
            >
            > Era
          • Era
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 26 10:58 AM
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Flou" <tom@f...> wrote:

              > Right, Era.
              > If your priority is temporal importance.
              > Gurdjieff may have his ordered according
              > to physical density ;-)
              >
              > Tom

              yes, I see

              > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > > > "We need three kinds of food to survive. The first food is
              > physical
              > > > food, the second is the air we breathe, and the third is the
              > external
              > > > and internal impressions that flood into our organs of perception
              > > > every second."
              > > > G. I. Gurdjieff
              > >

              > > Gurdijeff got the numbers mixed up
              > >
              > > # 1 is the air imho
              > >
              > > Era
            • Era
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 26 8:31 PM
                "Era" <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                > --- In "Tom Flou" <tom@f...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Right, Era.
                > > If your priority is temporal importance.
                > > Gurdjieff may have his ordered according
                > > to physical density ;-)
                > >
                > > Tom

                Tom, your winking kind answer kept me
                thinking about the etheric quality of
                food, of any food; mental physical or
                else

                I followed many diets among them one
                with vegan raw-live food; living in
                an Ashram where we planted the seeds
                with good-vibrations: with a mantra,
                harvested and cooked the same way,
                and eat the same way honoring the
                prana

                thanks for reminding me

                -right now I am not a vegan only
                mix food according their time of
                digestion, keeping in mind that proteins
                take 4-6 hours and fruits 1-2, so mixing
                them would be eating rotten fruits..

                was Gurdijeff vegetarian?

                metta, Era

                ps: food for my psyche is my favorite one

                > yes, I see

                > > physical
                > > external
                > > >

                > > > Gurdijeff got the numbers mixed up
                > > >
                > > > # 1 is the air imho
                > > >
                > > > Era
              • Tom Flou
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 27 9:52 AM
                  Hi Era.

                  Its many years since I was "engaged with Gurdjieff."
                  I recall him as a man of good and varied taste,
                  not favoring or avoiding anything in particular.
                  Smoking, eating and drinking with gusto.
                  He was a good cook himself.
                  I think he advocated trust in the intelligence
                  of the autonomic body-functions, that you should not
                  interfere with the functioning of the internal organs.
                  I recall an anecdote from some book. He was traveling.
                  At that time someone had convinced him it was important
                  that the food be chewed 21 or something times before
                  it was swallowed. (7 times left, 7 times right and
                  7 times back and forth. >LOL< (Tom´s addition))
                  Then he met this man who had the opinion that if you,
                  with your mouth, did all the work on behalf of your stomach,
                  the stomach would "forget" to do its job properly ;-)
                  I like to think he applied this philosophy to all other,
                  autonomic body functions.

                  Personally I thing I would feel very comfortable
                  at Gurdijeff´s table.

                  Regarding the Ashram-gardening mode you refer to:
                  My view is this:
                  Do, whatever you do, with full attention.
                  - Then it matters less what Mantra or vibration you put into it.
                  And I don't think the vegetables care either. ;-)

                  > ps: food for my psyche is my favorite one

                  I agree, particularely after a good, Gurdijevian, meal :-)

                  Tom