Re: The Rewards of Semi-Sincerity

  • Gene Poole
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2004
      > "skiplaurel" <vicki@b...> wrote:

      > The Rewards of Semi-Sincerity
      >
      > I'm sitting here in the jungle of my mind eating cheese and crackers on a plantain
      leaf. This makes me feel humble yet satisfied at the same time. There are many ways
      to feel virtuous while not actually being so. Another favorite of mine is to go for a
      walk eating s'mores. It's both good and bad for me at the same time. Thus I bring in
      the principle of paradox.

      > Humility and pride are hard to get going simultaneously. It's like patting your head
      and rubbing your stomach. Virtue is its own reward but putting oneself in place while
      swelling with pride take more muscles than I seem to have. Maybe I will try it lying
      down.

      "True humility knows
      its own greatness"