How to See God

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2004
      "Weekly Words of Wisdom" of H.H. Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda

      "To quote the Bible, what does it say we need in order to see God? It
      says 'Blessed are the pure in heart, they shall see God.' This is the
      same thing said in every religion, maybe using different languages.
      Ask yourself: 'What disturbs the purity? What makes me lose my
      peace?' The simple answer is: 'My own expectations; I want something
      for me.' But if we think of others, we don't have any need to get
      disturbed. So, sacrifice the individual self. Once you do that you
      see the same Self in every thing and everybody because the mind
      becomes pure, calm. That helps you see the God in you or the spirit
      in you and then see the same spirit, same God everywhere.

      God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      For more about Swami Satchidananda
      http://www.swamisatchidananda.org