Re: Meditation and therapy

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 31, 2004
      <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff
      Belyea"
      > <jeff@m...> wrote:
      >
      > [snip]
      >
      > > The spiritual aspect of meditation
      > > need not get lost in its relatively
      > > new role in the self-help (Self-help)
      > > arena. Even here, it can be
      > > breakthrough-useful as an
      > > "applied metaphysics".
      > >
      > > God most probably doesn't
      > > need man's psychotherapy. (ΓΌ)
      >
      > Only when He manifests as us men (and women.)
      >
      > > Best,
      > >
      > > Jeff
      >
      > --jody.

      Sure, even though we are
      made manifest in the image of God,
      what is encountered (or possibly
      wired into us) when manifested
      in this physical, rational form,
      is the genesis of the feeling of
      separation - what is called maya
      or illusion in some traditions; and
      the feeling that we are (our identity is)
      the manifest, rather than the spirit,
      a spark of God's own fire.

      Forgetting that we are within God,
      or being coerced out of knowing this
      (socialization - being force-fed from
      the tree of duality) is what prepares
      the ground for dark disturbing doubts -
      not only about religion or sprituality, but
      about who we are at our core.

      Meditation, at its loftiest, is one
      vehicle for dispelling the notion
      that we are separate from God.