Re: Meditation and therapy

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 31, 2004

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 31, 2004

        > The spiritual aspect of meditation
        > need not get lost in its relatively
        > new role in the self-help (Self-help)
        > arena. Even here, it can be
        > breakthrough-useful as an
        > "applied metaphysics".
        >
        > God most probably doesn't
        > need man's psychotherapy. (ü)

        Only when He manifests as us men (and women.)

        > Best,
        >
        > Jeff

        --jody.
      • Jeff Belyea
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 31, 2004
          <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff
          Belyea"
          > <jeff@m...> wrote:
          >
          > [snip]
          >
          > > The spiritual aspect of meditation
          > > need not get lost in its relatively
          > > new role in the self-help (Self-help)
          > > arena. Even here, it can be
          > > breakthrough-useful as an
          > > "applied metaphysics".
          > >
          > > God most probably doesn't
          > > need man's psychotherapy. (ü)
          >
          > Only when He manifests as us men (and women.)
          >
          > > Best,
          > >
          > > Jeff
          >
          > --jody.

          Sure, even though we are
          made manifest in the image of God,
          what is encountered (or possibly
          wired into us) when manifested
          in this physical, rational form,
          is the genesis of the feeling of
          separation - what is called maya
          or illusion in some traditions; and
          the feeling that we are (our identity is)
          the manifest, rather than the spirit,
          a spark of God's own fire.

          Forgetting that we are within God,
          or being coerced out of knowing this
          (socialization - being force-fed from
          the tree of duality) is what prepares
          the ground for dark disturbing doubts -
          not only about religion or sprituality, but
          about who we are at our core.

          Meditation, at its loftiest, is one
          vehicle for dispelling the notion
          that we are separate from God.