Samadhi

  • jason morgan
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2004

      Savikalpa Samadhi

      1.  Kevela Savikalpa Samadhi (forced dual samadhi)

      By whatever sadhana (spiritual discipline) dual samadhi is gotten for short periods.  Maybe by satsang, meditation, vichara, etc.  Effort is taken to get to the effortless state.

      In forced savikalpa samadhi, the vasanas (mental predispositions / thoughts) are stopped by whatever means, and the state of savikalpa samadhi ensues.

      After a period of time, the vasanas start up again, and the same old routine goes on.

      2.  Sahaja Savikalpa Samadhi  (unforced dual samadhi)

      This is what is commonly referred to as the �awakened state� �realized being� etc. etc.

      Here the vasanas are destroyed, and thus the state of savikalpa samadhi goes on spontaneously.  No effort is needed to get to the effortless state, as nothing is there to impede it.

      Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi has described it thus.  Vasanas are like warriors in a fort.  These warriors come out, harass us and then go back in.  By a given sadhana, you can sit outside of this fort, and kill these warriors one by one.  This is done by forced dual samadhi, and stages of sadhana, i.e. vichara.  Once the fort is empty, wahlah.

      Parabdha still manifest, others thoughts arise, but the student remains unaffected.

      Notes

      It is to be noted that parabdha is active in both forced and unforced savikalpa samadhi.  There are three stages of karma.  Apon sahaja savikalpa samadhi only the third stage remains, parabdha.

      1. Karma not to manifest this life.

      2. Karma still to manifest this life.

      3. Karma already manifest.  (like an arrow already in the air)

      It is to be noted that many people do not have to go thru structured sadhana.  Their vasanas are slight and apon proper instruction, these realize in a trice.  But for the rest of the students, and yes indeed for the rest of the people on earth, sahaja savikalpa samadhi is within reach through proper sadhana.

      The only things that inhibit savikalpa samadhi are:

      1. Ignorance.  Unfamiliar with the thought free state.

      2. Vasanas.  Inability to stop thoughts.

      3. Grace.  Inability to want the thought free state.

      It is to be noted that you may progress beyond this state, to NIRVIKALPA Samadhi (non-dual samadhi).Yet some are tricked into a belief in the contrary, especially if they did a short sadhana, or were not properly informed.  Some believe that they have attained nirvikalpa samadhi, but they are wrong.  If there was subject and object, if you heard, felt, seen, or experienced anything - it is dual.   States of bliss, do not mean Satchidananda.  It is the difference between tasting sugar, and being sugar.

      It is to be noted that 99 percent of the people who go into nirvikalpa samadhi, die.  The body dehydrates and dies.  As no parabdha remains, those that do come back adopt an ego of devotion and or knowledge, and are thus are called Christ�s or Buddha�s etc.

      It is to be noted that in Sri Ramakrishna�s case his body was force fed for his six month nirvikalpa samadhi.  And that the first three day and then the six month nirvikalpa samadhi was forced, kevela nirvikalpa samadhi.   After that he frequently went into sahaja nirvikalpa samadhi from the sahaja savikalpa samadhi state.

      It is to be noted that very few people who attain the sahaja savikalpa state, are fully versed in scripture.  Very few have a clear conception and connection to both God with and without form.  Very few are smart enough to know that they know nothing.  Very few are students instead of teachers.

      Most westerners believe they are smarter then God.  They say that all sadhanas are a waste of time, because they did not need it.  It is all God, therefore the student and the path he or she walks is god.  The cake tastes sweet from ALL sides.  All paths lead to God.

      It is to be noted that only people that have come back from nirvikalpa samadhi are qualified and sanctioned WORLD teachers.  But in any given path, you can find many guides.  Scripture is written by world teachers.  Books are written by guides.  Hence gather your knowledge from scripture.  Gather your inspiration, insights and pointers from books.

      It is to be noted that in every century there is a world teacher who has come back from nirvikalpa samadhi.  Sri Ramakrishna in the 1800, Sri Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi in the 1900 and ? in the 2000.

      Jason James Morgan

      2004

    • jodyrrr
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2004
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, jason morgan
        <jasonjamesmorgan@y...> wrote:

        [snip]

        > Very few are students instead of teachers.

        So Jason, why are you trying to teach us?

        --jody.
      • ganeshbabu vempati
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2004
          For this century Brahmarshi Subhas Patri is the world teacher and the founder of Pyramid Spiritual Society of India.
          Thought of an individual manifests into reality. If one desires to have a strong thought of getting into Turya state, visualise every thing as Brahma and enjoys the state of Nirvikalpa samadhi sthithi with awareness.
          As long as we posess the Physical body, we have to do all our karmas, but by realising the source from where the conscious came from, one will getrid of all prarabdh, sanchita karma and so on.
          As thought manifests to a matter of low feequencies, the person practising Meditation get the power of understanding so that he can stop the process of creating karma. In this condition he learns tobe in a state of witnesser and behaves like the Creater i.e. VISHVATMA.
          For Visvatma savikalpa or vikalpa or any state is one and the same!!!!!!!
          Than q : Ganesh

[...]

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • jasonjamesmorgan
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 13, 2004
            > Thought of an individual manifests into reality. If one desires to
            have a strong thought of getting into Turya state, visualise every
            thing as Brahma and enjoys the state of Nirvikalpa samadhi sthithi
            with awareness.
            > As long as we posess the Physical body, we have to do all our
            karmas, but by realising the source from where the conscious came
            from, one will getrid of all prarabdh, sanchita karma and so on.
            > As thought manifests to a matter of low feequencies, the person
            practising Meditation get the power of understanding so that he can
            stop the process of creating karma. In this condition he learns tobe
            in a state of witnesser and behaves like the Creater i.e. VISHVATMA.
            > For Visvatma savikalpa or vikalpa or any state is one and the
            same!!!!!!!
            > Than q : Ganesh

            Hello,

            Witnessing what? The relative perspective? The relative perspective
            and the absolute perspective is God WITH form, the Holy Mother
            (Savikalpa). God WITHOUT form is the Holy Father(Nirvikalpa). As we
            know nothing can be said of the non-dual state. It is awareness, not
            awareness of perspective.

            The dream body transcends the physical body and perspective. And
            Vice Versa. What is constant? The awareness of perspective? Where
            is this perspective in deep sleep?

            Perspective(witnesser) is Prarabdha.

            Staying as Sahaja Savikalpa Samadhi is the witness as awareness. The
            image and the mirror.

            It is all God therefore our closest conneciton to God is our own
            awareness(the mirror). Your mirror and my mirror are the same, but
            seperated by time and space. As time and space are themselves
            concepts and reflections, this universe is an illusion, our
            perspective is illusion, and any witness is unreal.

            A witness, a perspective(relative or absolute), a universe etc. are
            not there in deep sleep, are not the non-dual (nirvikalpa), can only
            be described as neti, neti.

            Bhavan Sri Ramana Maharshi sat to close to the fire and burnt his
            legs, not being aware of body and mind. Who among us would have
            gotten up before we burnt ours?

            Staying as Sahaja Nirvikalpa Samadhi is just awareness, no image on
            the mirror. The mirror holds the image of your perspective, my
            perspective and the absolute perspective. The perspective is the
            image. Where is perspective without image? No image in deep sleep,
            where is perspective?

            All I can say is neti, neti. This is true knowledge. All these are
            words, words, words. All truths are half lies.

            It is like this. We are all from the same city, but have been
            travelling around the continent. Now a century later we are all at
            different locales. The directions are going to differ for each of us
            to get back. We now drive our car back to the city(witness and
            perspective). The truth is, the Car is really remote controlled and
            we never left the city(nirvikalpa). Does it matter now to drive the
            remote car all the way back now(prarabdha)? What if you just say,
            screw it, and drop the remote control(perspective)? What if you sit
            under the bodie tree? What if your crucify?

            Neti, Neti, is the answer. Neti, Neti is true Gnani.

            True devotion is the love of the relative perspective towards the
            Absoolute perspective and Vice Versa.

            Blah Blah Blah. It was not my intention to argue about what stick is
            better to stir the fire, as both get burnt in the fire it stirs. I
            was here to share a press release. I have. I may or may not be back
            here.

            Namaste
            Om Namah Shivaya
            Jason James Morgan