My Read on nOby

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2004
      I think that Sam and PapaJeff are correct in their assessments of
      nOby. But I see his main aim in posting as being to gather new
      members for his Yahoo group, and that he uses the banner of "I'm for
      free speech and they are not" as his superficial justification for
      trolling for followers. He always seems to include links to his "look
      at me" devoted site in his posts. So, I think ego-tripping is the
      name of the game. I usually feel inclined to let opposing commentary
      that disputes the value of Guru's/paths/meditation/etc., be presented
      so as to give our members some fuel for thinking about things, but I
      don't see the value in X rated material/personal attacks on
      others/blatent publicity seeking/etc., and I probably will pull the
      plug on these types of actions sooner than later. I too would like a
      non-moderated group, but one that is that way naturally because we're
      all on the same page...I.E. We're here to share concepts and
      techniques and experiences that lead to greater understanding about
      meditation and other consciousness evolving things. So, if this is
      what nOby can bring to the table, as St. John and St. Paul said, "Let
      It Be". And if not, as the cliche goes..."sometimes we gain by
      losing" (getting rid of things that have been holding us back).