Re: FW: Journal Entry - October 31 - tosime

  • eveneon
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2002
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "Tony" <tosime@b...> wrote:
      > Expanded the idea of associations to everyday life where we are
      continually
      > reinforcing previous associations or creating new ones. The key
      associations
      > are the ones we make regarding our character and our likes and
      dislikes.
      > Once we can see the process (similar to watching the mind in
      meditation) we
      > can change or switch our associations.

      Hi Tony,
      I think this is probally the best benefit of meditating, when you
      see similarities to meditations and living everyday life. Being able
      to watch you mind in meditation makes it much easier to watch your
      life as it takes place. You can see how much of what you think and do
      is actually habitual and re-active.
      I have been catching up on the message board posts and, as always, am
      enjoying your journal entries.
      Thanks for sharing.
      Eve