chakra meditation and mental illness

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2004
      From emails today:
      Dear Meditation Society,

      I have a nascent understanding of my chakras and schizo-affective
      disorder (a mental illness). I would like to know if there is a
      special meditation for mental illness or if anyone is doing a study
      on this combination.

      I need to go into more detail. I have schizo-affective disorder and
      have been medicated since 1989. I have mild mood swings and see
      flashes of light/ hear thoughts. The lights and thoughts seem to
      teach me things, and I grow from it. In addition, I experience my
      chakras very clearly and my intuition is very strong. I am morally
      strong and have good insight and political vision. I created a
      website for developing world poverty relief that you may post also,
      www.geocities.com/sethleonard30000/poverty_relief

      I am looking for a meditator that can teach me how to unify my chakra
      development with my mental illness... I think this will allow me to
      overcome my mental illness, at least that is a possibility.

      I am on Lithium, Paxil, Abilify, Zyprexa, Klonopin and Glucophage for
      Type II diabetes.

      Thank you again for your time, please post any relevant material with
      my email address sethleonard@....
      Seth Leonard