totally OT Re: Cats Are Good Gurus

  • Nina
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10, 2004
      medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Thanks to Meditation Society of America member Ito in Japan for
      > forwarding this to us:
      (not so brutal snip)
      > 3. Cats know the value of solitude. Few of
      > us in this world spend any time alone. The
      > phone is ringing, or we are on the computer. Others
      > arein need of our presence. Try finding 5 or 10 minutes
      > a day to spend by yourself without interruption. We need
      > quiet and solitude to recharge our batteries. Those of us
      > who run on low energy as it is probably need it even more.

      In a similar vein, I recently began working for myself
      out of my home. It is remarkable how rested I feel at the
      end of the day... when I work by myself. It dawned on me
      how most of us who work do so with groups of people we
      have not selected and probably would not choose to spend
      much time with if we weren't working with them. Everyone
      acts like it is some sort of failure if you don't work
      well with the group of people someone else has selected
      for you. What sort of nonsense is that? I like what cats
      have to say about it...

      (another not so brutal snip)
      > 6. Cats walk away from irritating scenes. When faced with the option
      > of sticking around or leaving screaming clients, noisy neighbors or
      > loud-talking visitors, cats usually retreat to quieter places in
      > the home. They aren't being rude; they recognize they don't need to
      > subject themselves to an unpleasant situation.

      Well, may we all have a modicum of autonomy,
      and, failing that, at least 10 sharp claws
      and the benefit of having learned how to kill
      our prey and not just play with it.

      goodnight...
      Nina