Journal Entry - October 30 - G

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
      Thanks G,

      The attraction of the waves of bliss have been a major concern for me. I
      stopped meditating for several months this year to help me overcome my
      attachment to the waves. I hope I have reached the stage where having or not
      having waves does not significantly influence my assessment of my
      meditation.

      ...Tony

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
        As always, in all ways, Ganga is perfectly right. And Tony has shown
        his usual meditative sophistication as well. I have posted a new file
        Titled IT9-pg27.pdf, "Pleasant Meditation Distraction Traps" to our
        File section that deals with this bliss-full "problem". It is from
        the new issue of The Inner Traveler, which will be available for
        download to our members and subscribers some time tonight. I hope it
        is beneficial to all who are focusing their meditation on ecstatic
        moments instead of finding the peace within that is ever-present.
        "Tony" <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > Thanks G,
        >
        > The attraction of the waves of bliss have been a major concern for
        me. I stopped meditating for several months this year to help me
        overcome my attachment to the waves. I hope I have reached the stage
        where having or not having waves does not significantly influence my
        assessment of my meditation.

        > ...Tony

        October
        > 30 - tosime
        > Namaste -
        >
        > To still the mind do OM.... and be willing to transcend the
        > Bliss ... This is one in which many get stuck... Bliss feels so
        great that people want to cling to it... even this must be let go of
        to enter into Self-Realization...

        > Shanti om ..g..
      • G
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2002
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "Tony" <tosime@b...> wrote:
          > Thanks G,
          >
          > The attraction of the waves of bliss have been a major concern for
          me. I
          > stopped meditating for several months this year to help me overcome
          my
          > attachment to the waves. I hope I have reached the stage where
          having or not
          > having waves does not significantly influence my assessment of my
          > meditation.
          >
          > ...Tony

          G: There is no reason to stop meditation - it simply requires the
          seeing that ALL Phenomenal experience comes and goes and is subject
          to change... therefore enjoy it while it is there... and when it
          goes do not attempt to re-create it... that is all...

          Love Shanti om ....g...