Re: [Meditation Society of America] 7 Chakras Crop Circle

  • Pradheepkumar Chhalliyil
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 30, 2004
      But that meaning wasn't intended by the authors, it is
      projected by the viewers.

      If the authors were not aware of it, they would not have used nine different upanishad chantings in the matrix revolutions. They would not have made the ending parallel to puranas.
       so I expressed myself in the context of your sales pitch.

      Not doing sales and killing is the book would be as good as your example of standign in the highway and killing yourselves and understanding the "reality". It is the mosconception that "realing the reality" would hamper life on earth. Infact one starts to actually "live" (relative) after knowign the reality, just like Adhi-sankara did. Otherwise he would not have written hymns and handed over to generations. Hope you are now "clar".

       Please buy this book from http://www.matrixjourney.com

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • jodyrrr
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 30, 2004
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Pradheepkumar
        Chhalliyil <pradheep53556@y...> wrote:
        > But that meaning wasn't intended by the authors, it is
        > projected by the viewers.
        >
        > If the authors were not aware of it, they would not have used
        > nine different upanishad chantings in the matrix revolutions.
        > They would not have made the ending parallel to puranas.

        Chanting the Upanishads and jnana are two *completely*
        different things. I will reiterate, if the writers did
        include their mental concepts of nonduality, they were talking
        out of their hats. It was just more speculation based
        on a conceptual analysis of the Upanishads, done so within
        the alien context of Western thinking by the way. All
        that has as much to do with jnana as my dog's ass.

        IOW, nothing.

        > so I expressed myself in the context of your sales pitch.
        >
        > Not doing sales and killing is the book would be as good
        > as your example of standign in the highway and killing
        > yourselves and understanding the "reality". It is the
        > mosconception that "realing the reality" would hamper
        > life on earth. Infact one starts to actually "live"
        > (relative) after knowign the reality, just like
        > Adhi-sankara did. Otherwise he would not have written
        > hymns and handed over to generations. Hope you are now "clar".

        I'm trying to be clear that the metaphors provided by
        the "Matrix" movies are very poor in terms of helping
        one to come to jnana, IMO. Reading the Upanishads and
        jnana are two *very* different cases, and attempting
        to glean authentic nondual understanding from the
        "Matrix" moves is even further away than just sticking
        with the shastras themselves.

        --jody.
      • Pradheepkumar Chhalliyil
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 30, 2004
          I'm trying to be clear that the metaphors provided by
          the "Matrix" movies are very poor in terms of helping
          one to come to jnana,

          You may feel so, but for a person like me, Matrix is much for apt for this century than the snake and rope analogy, because these day no one has a direct expeirence of stepping on a rope because of not going out barefooted in a rainy dark night. But computers we step in and out in every walk of life.

          YOu might be biased about the nature of the movie and so try to resist to see the upanishad message in the movie. To tell the truth, for a "seer" any metaphor would make sense.

           Please buy this book from http://www.matrixjourney.com

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • Bruce Morgen
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 30, 2004
            Pradheepkumar Chhalliyil wrote:

            > *I'm trying to be clear that the metaphors provided by
            > the "Matrix" movies are very poor in terms of helping
            > one to come to jnana, *
            >
            > You may feel so, but for a person like me, Matrix is much for apt for
            > this century than the snake and rope analogy, because these day no one
            > has a direct expeirence of stepping on a rope because of not going out
            > barefooted in a rainy dark night. But computers we step in and out in
            > every walk of life.
            >
            > YOu might be biased about the nature of the movie and so try to resist
            > to see the upanishad message in the movie. To tell the truth, for a
            > "seer" any metaphor would make sense.

            Substituting a fallacious
            (albeit modern) metaphor for an
            worn, anachronistic one above