Re: FW: Journal Entry - October 30 - tosime

  • G
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2002
      Namaste -

      To still the mind do OM.... and be willing to transcend the
      Bliss ... This is one in which many get stuck... Bliss feels so great
      that people want to cling to it... even this must be let go of to
      enter into Self-Realization...

      Shanti om ..g..

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "Tony" <tosime@b...> wrote:
      > Journal Entry - tosime
      > Date: October 30
      > Type: Meditation on inner sounds (with earplugs)
      > Time: 07:50 a.m.
      > Duration: 80 minutes (open)
      > Posture: Seated on chair
      > Body: Eyes closed,
      > - tongue tip to pallet,
      > - hands on knees-index finger touching thumb.
      > Room Condition: Darkened room
      > - One candle
      > - Incense
      > - Essential Oil - (Rainforest Flowers+water on burner)
      > - Bell
      > Pre-session: Sip of water
      > - full body stretch (3 times).
      > Mind Chatter: Medium - High.
      > Waves of bliss: Several - 5-8 gentle waves and 3 strong.
      > Experience: Very Good Session.
      >
      > Result: Exploring waves of bliss as inducements to go deeper into
      > meditation.
      >
      > Had the insight that waves of bliss are not only an inducement to
      go deeper
      > into meditation they also indicate that you have passed a stage or
      level in
      > meditation.
      >
      > Noticed that there are major steps and minor steps in each
      meditation stage.
      > The gentle waves signal smaller steps and the strong waves signal
      major
      > steps.
      >
      > Experienced several waves in today's session, more than I can ever
      recall
      > experiencing - although most of them were gentle.
      >
      > Had a vision of a genie in a bottle sending waves of bliss to lead
      me to
      > him. When I reach him and open the bottle I would have "arrived".
      >
      > As I came out of the session I looked at the large wall clock
      beside my low
      > meditation table and noticed that it appeared to be going slowly.
      This had
      > some relationship to the session lasting longer than usual (80
      minutes).
    • Tony
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
        Thanks G,

        The attraction of the waves of bliss have been a major concern for me. I
        stopped meditating for several months this year to help me overcome my
        attachment to the waves. I hope I have reached the stage where having or not
        having waves does not significantly influence my assessment of my
        meditation.

        ...Tony

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
          As always, in all ways, Ganga is perfectly right. And Tony has shown
          his usual meditative sophistication as well. I have posted a new file
          Titled IT9-pg27.pdf, "Pleasant Meditation Distraction Traps" to our
          File section that deals with this bliss-full "problem". It is from
          the new issue of The Inner Traveler, which will be available for
          download to our members and subscribers some time tonight. I hope it
          is beneficial to all who are focusing their meditation on ecstatic
          moments instead of finding the peace within that is ever-present.
          "Tony" <tosime@b...> wrote:
          > Thanks G,
          >
          > The attraction of the waves of bliss have been a major concern for
          me. I stopped meditating for several months this year to help me
          overcome my attachment to the waves. I hope I have reached the stage
          where having or not having waves does not significantly influence my
          assessment of my meditation.

          > ...Tony

          October
          > 30 - tosime
          > Namaste -
          >
          > To still the mind do OM.... and be willing to transcend the
          > Bliss ... This is one in which many get stuck... Bliss feels so
          great that people want to cling to it... even this must be let go of
          to enter into Self-Realization...

          > Shanti om ..g..
        • G
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2002
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "Tony" <tosime@b...> wrote:
            > Thanks G,
            >
            > The attraction of the waves of bliss have been a major concern for
            me. I
            > stopped meditating for several months this year to help me overcome
            my
            > attachment to the waves. I hope I have reached the stage where
            having or not
            > having waves does not significantly influence my assessment of my
            > meditation.
            >
            > ...Tony

            G: There is no reason to stop meditation - it simply requires the
            seeing that ALL Phenomenal experience comes and goes and is subject
            to change... therefore enjoy it while it is there... and when it
            goes do not attempt to re-create it... that is all...

            Love Shanti om ....g...