Re: [Meditation Society of America] 7 Chakras Crop Circle

  • Pradheepkumar Chhalliyil
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 30 11:05 AM
        And one who knows himself as the "One" is not
      special, as "the one" was in the movie.

      The movie is a metaphor and represents how the minds are. There isnt any one else , other than consciousness, which is clearly the take home message in revolutions. As the sufi saying goes "An idiot looks at the finger that points the moon". We should not look at the symbols in the movie but the intended meaning.

      No.  Consciousness sustains *this* world.  There is no
      other world.  Your belief in such creates an incorrect
      assumption about reality, based on your *interpretation*
      of Vedanta.
      I did not say there is a real and unreal world, I said the world is a projection of the mind and I did not say there is another world. There is only one thing that is real, that is Brahman (cosnciousness) alone. Where is the question of mis-interpretation.

        However,
      your waiting on another world which doesn't exist will
      only have you waiting for something that will not come.
      You are it, this is it, there isn't anywhere else or
      nothing else you need to be.  It's here, it's now, it's
      real, and it's all there is.  It's all right in front of
      you, right here, right now.

      Yes, there is no waiting for relaization or for another world. it is always there.

      It's not about forgetting, my friend.  Not at all.
      It's about seeing the plainly obvious, which is also
      mysteriously subtle.  The first time it is seen, it's
      astonishing to the seer how it was ever missed.  It
      is instantly recognized to be something that was
      *always* there.  Not found, or discovered, but revealed
      by the Mother of illusion Herself.

      "Forgetting" is the language of the mind...in reality there is nothing like that. Words, metaphors could be misleading if one does not get it, like looking at the branch of the tree instead of the bird that is pointed at.

      Consciousness" is always there, not found not discovered, not even revealed by mother of illusion. Illusion again is the language of the mind. Consciousness was, is will be never be masked by illusion. Infact there is no illusion from the absolute point and there is no even need for a discussion and explaination....all this at the relative level.

       Please buy this book from http://www.matrixjourney.com

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • jodyrrr
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 30 11:34 AM
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Pradheepkumar
        Chhalliyil <pradheep53556@y...> wrote:
        > And one who knows himself as the "One" is not
        > special, as "the one" was in the movie.
        >
        > The movie is a metaphor and represents how the minds are.
        > There isnt any one else , other than consciousness, which
        > is clearly the take home message in revolutions. As the sufi
        > saying goes "An idiot looks at the finger that points the moon".
        > We should not look at the symbols in the movie but the intended
        > meaning.

        But that meaning wasn't intended by the authors, it is
        projected by the viewers. If the authors did intend to
        imbue their movie with nondual truth, they did so from
        the perspective of speculation about nondual truth, rather
        than from a true experiential understanding.

        IOW, if they were talking about nondual truth, they
        were talking out of their hats.

        > No. Consciousness sustains *this* world. There is no
        > other world. Your belief in such creates an incorrect
        > assumption about reality, based on your *interpretation*
        > of Vedanta.
        >
        > I did not say there is a real and unreal world, I said the
        > world is a projection of the mind and I did not say there
        > is another world. There is only one thing that is real, that
        > is Brahman (cosnciousness) alone. Where is the question of
        > mis-interpretation.

        This world is the receptacle of the mind's projections,
        but it is here whether or not we are realized. IOW, the
        world is just as real to the realized. If you are realized
        and decide to jump off a freeway overpass, a very real
        semi-truck is likely to flatten the body you appear to
        inhabit.

        Everything is Brahman, and yet those who know themselves
        as Brahman still acknowledge the world. Sankara loved
        the world as his own Mother. He came to this understanding
        late in his life, after existing in the world as a jnani.

        > However,
        > your waiting on another world which doesn't exist will
        > only have you waiting for something that will not come.
        > You are it, this is it, there isn't anywhere else or
        > nothing else you need to be. It's here, it's now, it's
        > real, and it's all there is. It's all right in front of
        > you, right here, right now.
        >
        > Yes, there is no waiting for relaization or for another
        > world. it is always there.

        Right on.

        > It's not about forgetting, my friend. Not at all.
        > It's about seeing the plainly obvious, which is also
        > mysteriously subtle. The first time it is seen, it's
        > astonishing to the seer how it was ever missed. It
        > is instantly recognized to be something that was
        > *always* there. Not found, or discovered, but revealed
        > by the Mother of illusion Herself.
        >
        > "Forgetting" is the language of the mind...in reality
        > there is nothing like that. Words, metaphors could be
        > misleading if one does not get it, like looking at the
        > branch of the tree instead of the bird that is pointed at.

        I'm just calling it as I (and others I know) have seen
        it. In my opinion, using the language of "forgetting" is
        likely to create the unrealistic expectation that we can
        and should attempt to forget ourselves. Trying to do this
        would be like trying to forget that we are air breathers
        while swimming. You are likely to drown doing so.

        > Consciousness" is always there, not found not discovered,
        > not even revealed by mother of illusion.

        But it is only by the Mother of Illusion (Maya) that we
        are revealed to ourselves as Brahman. So says Sankara.

        > Illusion again is the language of the mind. Consciousness
        > was, is will be never be masked by illusion. Infact there
        > is no illusion from the absolute point and there is no
        > even need for a discussion and explaination....all this
        > at the relative level.

        Nonetheless, people are running around trying to dispel
        illusion, using the "Matrix" metaphor as a platform. It's
        a waste of time, IYAM, and so I expressed myself in the
        context of your sales pitch.

        --jody.
      • Pradheepkumar Chhalliyil
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 30 12:51 PM
          But that meaning wasn't intended by the authors, it is
          projected by the viewers.

          If the authors were not aware of it, they would not have used nine different upanishad chantings in the matrix revolutions. They would not have made the ending parallel to puranas.
           so I expressed myself in the context of your sales pitch.

          Not doing sales and killing is the book would be as good as your example of standign in the highway and killing yourselves and understanding the "reality". It is the mosconception that "realing the reality" would hamper life on earth. Infact one starts to actually "live" (relative) after knowign the reality, just like Adhi-sankara did. Otherwise he would not have written hymns and handed over to generations. Hope you are now "clar".

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 30 1:02 PM
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Pradheepkumar
            Chhalliyil <pradheep53556@y...> wrote:
            > But that meaning wasn't intended by the authors, it is
            > projected by the viewers.
            >
            > If the authors were not aware of it, they would not have used
            > nine different upanishad chantings in the matrix revolutions.
            > They would not have made the ending parallel to puranas.

            Chanting the Upanishads and jnana are two *completely*
            different things. I will reiterate, if the writers did
            include their mental concepts of nonduality, they were talking
            out of their hats. It was just more speculation based
            on a conceptual analysis of the Upanishads, done so within
            the alien context of Western thinking by the way. All
            that has as much to do with jnana as my dog's ass.

            IOW, nothing.

            > so I expressed myself in the context of your sales pitch.
            >
            > Not doing sales and killing is the book would be as good
            > as your example of standign in the highway and killing
            > yourselves and understanding the "reality". It is the
            > mosconception that "realing the reality" would hamper
            > life on earth. Infact one starts to actually "live"
            > (relative) after knowign the reality, just like
            > Adhi-sankara did. Otherwise he would not have written
            > hymns and handed over to generations. Hope you are now "clar".

            I'm trying to be clear that the metaphors provided by
            the "Matrix" movies are very poor in terms of helping
            one to come to jnana, IMO. Reading the Upanishads and
            jnana are two *very* different cases, and attempting
            to glean authentic nondual understanding from the
            "Matrix" moves is even further away than just sticking
            with the shastras themselves.

            --jody.
          • Pradheepkumar Chhalliyil
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 30 5:47 PM
              I'm trying to be clear that the metaphors provided by
              the "Matrix" movies are very poor in terms of helping
              one to come to jnana,

              You may feel so, but for a person like me, Matrix is much for apt for this century than the snake and rope analogy, because these day no one has a direct expeirence of stepping on a rope because of not going out barefooted in a rainy dark night. But computers we step in and out in every walk of life.

              YOu might be biased about the nature of the movie and so try to resist to see the upanishad message in the movie. To tell the truth, for a "seer" any metaphor would make sense.

               Please buy this book from http://www.matrixjourney.com

              Do you Yahoo!?
            • Bruce Morgen
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 30 6:16 PM
                Pradheepkumar Chhalliyil wrote:

                > *I'm trying to be clear that the metaphors provided by
                > the "Matrix" movies are very poor in terms of helping
                > one to come to jnana, *
                >
                > You may feel so, but for a person like me, Matrix is much for apt for
                > this century than the snake and rope analogy, because these day no one
                > has a direct expeirence of stepping on a rope because of not going out
                > barefooted in a rainy dark night. But computers we step in and out in
                > every walk of life.
                >
                > YOu might be biased about the nature of the movie and so try to resist
                > to see the upanishad message in the movie. To tell the truth, for a
                > "seer" any metaphor would make sense.

                Substituting a fallacious
                (albeit modern) metaphor for an
                worn, anachronistic one above