7 Chakras Crop Circle

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 29, 2004
      I guess that the Kundalini experience really is a universal one....
      http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2004/pewsey2004c/pewsey2004c.html
    • Pradheepkumar Chhalliyil
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 30, 2004
        what is kundalini...how does it help in our spiritual path. what does activate kundalini. these questions are answered at a very different level in this site, using the very popular movies matrix.
        www.matrixjourney.com

        I guess that the Kundalini experience really is a universal one....
        http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2004/pewsey2004c/pewsey2004c.html

         Please buy this book from http://www.matrixjourney.com

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • jodyrrr
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 30, 2004
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Pradheepkumar
          Chhalliyil <pradheep53556@y...> wrote:

          > what is kundalini...how does it help in our spiritual path.
          > what does activate kundalini. these questions are answered
          > at a very different level in this site, using the very popular
          > movies matrix.
          > www.matrixjourney.com

          The "Matrix" was an exceedingly poor metaphor for advaita and
          nondual thinking in general, and it has only served to fill
          peoples heads with even more ridiculous and unrealistic
          expectations about self-realization and what it means to an
          individual's life.

          1. There is nothing *at all* special about "the one" in
          the truth of vedanta.

          2. There is no real world beyond the "Matrix." This is
          it, right now. The world is the ashram. Samadhi is samsara.
          You're soaking in it, Madge.

          3. When one realizes themselves as "the one," nothing
          changes outside of one's self-understanding. No special
          powers are acquired, no special knowledge is had, everything
          is just as it was beforehand, outside of the presence of
          jnana, which tells us nothing beyond the truth of our own
          being.

          --jody.
        • Pradheepkumar Chhalliyil
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 30, 2004
            1. There is nothing *at all* special about "the one" in
               the truth of vedanta.

            The "One" is vedanta is the "one" consciousness (Brahman).

            2. There is no real world beyond the "Matrix."  This is
               it, right now.  The world is the ashram. Samadhi is samsara.
               You're soaking in it, Madge.

            Matrix is not real, it is the projection of the mind. The consciousness is the real world, from which everything seemingly gets created, sustained and destroyed.

            3. When one realizes themselves as "the one," nothing
               changes outside of one's self-understanding.  No special
               powers are acquired, no special knowledge is had, everything
               is just as it was beforehand, outside of the presence of
               jnana, which tells us nothing beyond the truth of our own
               being.

            Yes , you re-iterated about "consciousness" or Brahan.  No powers are needed and nothing changes. it is like watching a movie, you were so engrossed watching a movie that you became the character. In an instance you are aware that you are watching the movie. To know that we are the movie audience does not need any power, no speical knowledge, everything was, is and will be the same as before.

            That moment when we forgot ourself, is the moments we are discussing about through the internet. To one who is fully aware that he is watching the movie, somtimes helps a near by audience who is crying seeing a tragic frame in the movie screen. The technique he uses, is to tap on the person's shoulder and say "hey its not real, you are watching a movie".

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 30, 2004
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Pradheepkumar
              Chhalliyil <pradheep53556@y...> wrote:
              > 1. There is nothing *at all* special about "the one" in
              > the truth of vedanta.
              >
              > The "One" is vedanta is the "one" consciousness (Brahman).

              Right. And one who knows himself as the "One" is not
              special, as "the one" was in the movie. In other words,
              we are all the "One" right now, whether or not we are
              directly aware of it. Becoming directly aware of it
              doesn't make us any different than we were before.
              Those who know themselves as the "One" know this.
              Those who don't yet know themselves as the "One"
              prevent their own understanding from becoming apparent,
              as their heads of full of occluding expectations
              about what being the "One" will be like, thanks in
              part to the poor metaphors provided by movies such
              as the "Matrix."

              > 2. There is no real world beyond the "Matrix." This is
              > it, right now. The world is the ashram. Samadhi is samsara.
              > You're soaking in it, Madge.
              >
              > Matrix is not real, it is the projection of the mind. The
              > consciousness is the real world, from which everything seemingly
              > gets created, sustained and destroyed.

              No. Consciousness sustains *this* world. There is no
              other world. Your belief in such creates an incorrect
              assumption about reality, based on your *interpretation*
              of Vedanta.

              This is it, buddy. Get used to it, or don't. However,
              your waiting on another world which doesn't exist will
              only have you waiting for something that will not come.
              You are it, this is it, there isn't anywhere else or
              nothing else you need to be. It's here, it's now, it's
              real, and it's all there is. It's all right in front of
              you, right here, right now.

              > 3. When one realizes themselves as "the one," nothing
              > changes outside of one's self-understanding. No special
              > powers are acquired, no special knowledge is had, everything
              > is just as it was beforehand, outside of the presence of
              > jnana, which tells us nothing beyond the truth of our own
              > being.
              >
              > Yes , you re-iterated about "consciousness" or Brahan. No powers
              > are needed and nothing changes. it is like watching a movie, you
              > were so engrossed watching a movie that you became the character.

              It's more like this: all you've ever known of yourself is of
              your character. Your sense of identity formed in the context
              of your being an individual actor on the world stage. You
              don't know yourself as you really are, because you've only
              known yourself as you believe you are, and you've been led
              to believe such by the circumstances of your life, based on
              the *idea* that you are an individual having experiences.

              > In an instance you are aware that you are watching the movie.

              No. In an instant you become aware that you are 'this',
              devoid of any and all attributes and characteristics.
              Perfectly empty and not of this world at all. However,
              the world keeps turning, and you remain the individual
              you thought you were, even within the context of knowing
              yourself as utterly beyond and transcending everything.

              > know that we are the movie audience does not need any power, no
              > speical knowledge, everything was, is and will be the same as
              > before.

              Correct. It's right here, right now, closer than our
              own breath, in everyone. Murders and saints included.

              > That moment when we forgot ourself, is the moments we are
              > discussing about through the internet. To one who is fully aware
              > that he is watching the movie, somtimes helps a near by audience
              > who is crying seeing a tragic frame in the movie screen. The
              > technique he uses, is to tap on the person's shoulder and say "hey
              > its not real, you are watching a movie".

              It's not about forgetting, my friend. Not at all.
              It's about seeing the plainly obvious, which is also
              mysteriously subtle. The first time it is seen, it's
              astonishing to the seer how it was ever missed. It
              is instantly recognized to be something that was
              *always* there. Not found, or discovered, but revealed
              by the Mother of illusion Herself.

              --jody.
            • Pradheepkumar Chhalliyil
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 30, 2004
                  And one who knows himself as the "One" is not
                special, as "the one" was in the movie.

                The movie is a metaphor and represents how the minds are. There isnt any one else , other than consciousness, which is clearly the take home message in revolutions. As the sufi saying goes "An idiot looks at the finger that points the moon". We should not look at the symbols in the movie but the intended meaning.

                No.  Consciousness sustains *this* world.  There is no
                other world.  Your belief in such creates an incorrect
                assumption about reality, based on your *interpretation*
                of Vedanta.
                I did not say there is a real and unreal world, I said the world is a projection of the mind and I did not say there is another world. There is only one thing that is real, that is Brahman (cosnciousness) alone. Where is the question of mis-interpretation.

                  However,
                your waiting on another world which doesn't exist will
                only have you waiting for something that will not come.
                You are it, this is it, there isn't anywhere else or
                nothing else you need to be.  It's here, it's now, it's
                real, and it's all there is.  It's all right in front of
                you, right here, right now.

                Yes, there is no waiting for relaization or for another world. it is always there.

                It's not about forgetting, my friend.  Not at all.
                It's about seeing the plainly obvious, which is also
                mysteriously subtle.  The first time it is seen, it's
                astonishing to the seer how it was ever missed.  It
                is instantly recognized to be something that was
                *always* there.  Not found, or discovered, but revealed
                by the Mother of illusion Herself.

                "Forgetting" is the language of the mind...in reality there is nothing like that. Words, metaphors could be misleading if one does not get it, like looking at the branch of the tree instead of the bird that is pointed at.

                Consciousness" is always there, not found not discovered, not even revealed by mother of illusion. Illusion again is the language of the mind. Consciousness was, is will be never be masked by illusion. Infact there is no illusion from the absolute point and there is no even need for a discussion and explaination....all this at the relative level.

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 30, 2004
                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Pradheepkumar
                  Chhalliyil <pradheep53556@y...> wrote:
                  > And one who knows himself as the "One" is not
                  > special, as "the one" was in the movie.
                  >
                  > The movie is a metaphor and represents how the minds are.
                  > There isnt any one else , other than consciousness, which
                  > is clearly the take home message in revolutions. As the sufi
                  > saying goes "An idiot looks at the finger that points the moon".
                  > We should not look at the symbols in the movie but the intended
                  > meaning.

                  But that meaning wasn't intended by the authors, it is
                  projected by the viewers. If the authors did intend to
                  imbue their movie with nondual truth, they did so from
                  the perspective of speculation about nondual truth, rather
                  than from a true experiential understanding.

                  IOW, if they were talking about nondual truth, they
                  were talking out of their hats.

                  > No. Consciousness sustains *this* world. There is no
                  > other world. Your belief in such creates an incorrect
                  > assumption about reality, based on your *interpretation*
                  > of Vedanta.
                  >
                  > I did not say there is a real and unreal world, I said the
                  > world is a projection of the mind and I did not say there
                  > is another world. There is only one thing that is real, that
                  > is Brahman (cosnciousness) alone. Where is the question of
                  > mis-interpretation.

                  This world is the receptacle of the mind's projections,
                  but it is here whether or not we are realized. IOW, the
                  world is just as real to the realized. If you are realized
                  and decide to jump off a freeway overpass, a very real
                  semi-truck is likely to flatten the body you appear to
                  inhabit.

                  Everything is Brahman, and yet those who know themselves
                  as Brahman still acknowledge the world. Sankara loved
                  the world as his own Mother. He came to this understanding
                  late in his life, after existing in the world as a jnani.

                  > However,
                  > your waiting on another world which doesn't exist will
                  > only have you waiting for something that will not come.
                  > You are it, this is it, there isn't anywhere else or
                  > nothing else you need to be. It's here, it's now, it's
                  > real, and it's all there is. It's all right in front of
                  > you, right here, right now.
                  >
                  > Yes, there is no waiting for relaization or for another
                  > world. it is always there.

                  Right on.

                  > It's not about forgetting, my friend. Not at all.
                  > It's about seeing the plainly obvious, which is also
                  > mysteriously subtle. The first time it is seen, it's
                  > astonishing to the seer how it was ever missed. It
                  > is instantly recognized to be something that was
                  > *always* there. Not found, or discovered, but revealed
                  > by the Mother of illusion Herself.
                  >
                  > "Forgetting" is the language of the mind...in reality
                  > there is nothing like that. Words, metaphors could be
                  > misleading if one does not get it, like looking at the
                  > branch of the tree instead of the bird that is pointed at.

                  I'm just calling it as I (and others I know) have seen
                  it. In my opinion, using the language of "forgetting" is
                  likely to create the unrealistic expectation that we can
                  and should attempt to forget ourselves. Trying to do this
                  would be like trying to forget that we are air breathers
                  while swimming. You are likely to drown doing so.

                  > Consciousness" is always there, not found not discovered,
                  > not even revealed by mother of illusion.

                  But it is only by the Mother of Illusion (Maya) that we
                  are revealed to ourselves as Brahman. So says Sankara.

                  > Illusion again is the language of the mind. Consciousness
                  > was, is will be never be masked by illusion. Infact there
                  > is no illusion from the absolute point and there is no
                  > even need for a discussion and explaination....all this
                  > at the relative level.

                  Nonetheless, people are running around trying to dispel
                  illusion, using the "Matrix" metaphor as a platform. It's
                  a waste of time, IYAM, and so I expressed myself in the
                  context of your sales pitch.

                  --jody.
                • Pradheepkumar Chhalliyil
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 30, 2004
                    But that meaning wasn't intended by the authors, it is
                    projected by the viewers.

                    If the authors were not aware of it, they would not have used nine different upanishad chantings in the matrix revolutions. They would not have made the ending parallel to puranas.
                     so I expressed myself in the context of your sales pitch.

                    Not doing sales and killing is the book would be as good as your example of standign in the highway and killing yourselves and understanding the "reality". It is the mosconception that "realing the reality" would hamper life on earth. Infact one starts to actually "live" (relative) after knowign the reality, just like Adhi-sankara did. Otherwise he would not have written hymns and handed over to generations. Hope you are now "clar".

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 30, 2004
                      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Pradheepkumar
                      Chhalliyil <pradheep53556@y...> wrote:
                      > But that meaning wasn't intended by the authors, it is
                      > projected by the viewers.
                      >
                      > If the authors were not aware of it, they would not have used
                      > nine different upanishad chantings in the matrix revolutions.
                      > They would not have made the ending parallel to puranas.

                      Chanting the Upanishads and jnana are two *completely*
                      different things. I will reiterate, if the writers did
                      include their mental concepts of nonduality, they were talking
                      out of their hats. It was just more speculation based
                      on a conceptual analysis of the Upanishads, done so within
                      the alien context of Western thinking by the way. All
                      that has as much to do with jnana as my dog's ass.

                      IOW, nothing.

                      > so I expressed myself in the context of your sales pitch.
                      >
                      > Not doing sales and killing is the book would be as good
                      > as your example of standign in the highway and killing
                      > yourselves and understanding the "reality". It is the
                      > mosconception that "realing the reality" would hamper
                      > life on earth. Infact one starts to actually "live"
                      > (relative) after knowign the reality, just like
                      > Adhi-sankara did. Otherwise he would not have written
                      > hymns and handed over to generations. Hope you are now "clar".

                      I'm trying to be clear that the metaphors provided by
                      the "Matrix" movies are very poor in terms of helping
                      one to come to jnana, IMO. Reading the Upanishads and
                      jnana are two *very* different cases, and attempting
                      to glean authentic nondual understanding from the
                      "Matrix" moves is even further away than just sticking
                      with the shastras themselves.

                      --jody.
                    • Pradheepkumar Chhalliyil
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 30, 2004
                        I'm trying to be clear that the metaphors provided by
                        the "Matrix" movies are very poor in terms of helping
                        one to come to jnana,

                        You may feel so, but for a person like me, Matrix is much for apt for this century than the snake and rope analogy, because these day no one has a direct expeirence of stepping on a rope because of not going out barefooted in a rainy dark night. But computers we step in and out in every walk of life.

                        YOu might be biased about the nature of the movie and so try to resist to see the upanishad message in the movie. To tell the truth, for a "seer" any metaphor would make sense.

                         Please buy this book from http://www.matrixjourney.com

                        Do you Yahoo!?
                      • Bruce Morgen
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 30, 2004
                          Pradheepkumar Chhalliyil wrote:

                          > *I'm trying to be clear that the metaphors provided by
                          > the "Matrix" movies are very poor in terms of helping
                          > one to come to jnana, *
                          >
                          > You may feel so, but for a person like me, Matrix is much for apt for
                          > this century than the snake and rope analogy, because these day no one
                          > has a direct expeirence of stepping on a rope because of not going out
                          > barefooted in a rainy dark night. But computers we step in and out in
                          > every walk of life.
                          >
                          > YOu might be biased about the nature of the movie and so try to resist
                          > to see the upanishad message in the movie. To tell the truth, for a
                          > "seer" any metaphor would make sense.

                          Substituting a fallacious
                          (albeit modern) metaphor for an
                          worn, anachronistic one above