Weekly Words of Wisdom

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 20, 2004
      "Accept everything that comes your way as God-given. Pleasure, accept
      it. Pain, accept it. Profit, accept it. Loss, accept it. By accepting
      everything the great benefit is you don't disturb your peace. You are
      always in peace. That is what we are looking for. That is what real
      Yoga is. That is what real spiritual attainment is. That's what you
      call enlightenment. So, learn to accept things. That doesn't mean that
      you should not think of doing something, wanting to get something. It
      is better not to have any wants, but if you still want something,
      okay. Have your wants under one condition: those wants should be
      approved by the Higher Way, by God. If you get it, all right, God
      approved it. If you don't get it, all right, God disapproved it. There
      is no harm in that kind of want.

      God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda

      For more info about Swami Satchidananda:
      http://www.swamisatchidananda.org
      http://www.yogaville.org
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 20, 2004
        "I always say the essential spiritual teaching is to make yourself a
        fit instrument to serve others. I use these three words: easeful,
        peaceful, and useful. You can be useful only when you are easeful and
        peaceful. If you lose your ease and peace you become a nuisance to
        others. Eat to have enough energy to serve others. When you go to
        sleep, give rest to the body and mind so that you can get up the next
        day and serve others. Whatever you do, let your aim be to serve
        others. The benefit of this philosophy is that you will be always
        happy and peaceful.

        God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

        H.H. Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda

        For more information :
        http://www.swamisatchidananda.org
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 21, 2004
          Thanks for the wise words. Just to add a few words of Guru Bawa's
          (Bawa Muhaiyaddeen):
          "Live not for yourself but live for all lives on Earth', and:
          "Love all lives and all lives will love you."

          Byron
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
            "Death can come at any minute, in any way. We do not know what is in
            store tomorrow, or, whether there is a tomorrow, or even a tonight!
            But still, we have the golden present. Now we are alive and kicking.
            What should we do now? Love and serve. Love all, serve all. We have
            come here for that purpose.

            I always say that we have not even come with our own purpose here. We
            have been sent with a purpose. Do not let yourself get burdened by
            anything. Be at ease, and do what you can. Keep yourself in control so
            you can serve well. That is possible only when you have that mastery
            of your own mind.

            God bless you. Om Shanti, Shanthi, Shanthi."

            H.H. Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda

            For more about Swamiji:
            http://www.swamisatchidananda.org
          • °:-)
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005

              Subject:  what's worth: quotes of wise ones or encounter of fools?

              "When you see a new trail, or a footprint that you do not know, follow
              it to the point of knowing."
              --Grandmother of Charles Eastman, SANTEE SIOUX

              "When temptation comes, I don't say, `Yes," and I don't say, `No.' I
              say, `Later,' I just keep walking the Red Road-down the middle. When you're
              in the middle, you don't go to either extreme. You allow both sides to
              exist."
              --Dr. A. C. Ross (Ehanamani), LAKOTA

              "What you see with your eyes shut is what counts."
              --Lame Deer, LAKOTA

              "The way of knowledge is like our old way of hunting. You begin with a
              mere trail -- a footprint. If you follow that faithfully, it may lead you
              to a clearer train-a track- a road. Later on there will be many tracks,
              crossing and diverging one from the other. Then you must be careful, for
              success lies in the choice of the right road."
              --Many Lightenings Eastman, SANTEE SIOUX

              "Always remember that the Great Mystery is good; evil can come only
              from ourselves!"
              --Grandmother of Charles Eastman. SANTEE SIOUX

              "I believe that being a medicine man, more than anything else, is a
              state of mind, a way of looking at and understanding this earth, a sense of
              what it is all about."
              --Lame Deer, LAKOTA

              "They must give themselves to Wakan' Tanka and live a spiritual life.
              They will have the peace that frees them from fear."
              --Frank Fools Crow, LAKOTA

              ".because if you believe in something, and believe in it long enough,
              it will come into being."
              --Rolling Thunder, CHEROKEE

              People have to be responsible for their thoughts, so they have to
              learn to control them. It may not be easy, but it can be done."
              --Rolling Thunder, CHEROKEE

              n0by

              Subscribe to n0by

                Costly Cosy Cyber Creatures!

              worldwide:

              http://www.n0by.de/n0/
              <----------------------------<

              Do you Yahoo!?
              The all-new My Yahoo! � Get yours free!
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 23, 2005
                "If you don't have faith, God cannot do anything to help you. So have
                faith. If you cannot have faith in yourself, have faith in God. Say,
                'God is going to help me, God will heal me.' And if you repeat a
                mantra, feel, 'The mantra will heal me.' The mantra won't come and
                heal you unless you repeat it. If you don't believe in your healing
                abilities, believe in God. Somewhere, somehow, you have to believe in
                something. With that complete faith, you can do anything and
                everything. Didn't the Bible say, faith the size of a mustard seed can
                move mountains? How can a mountain be moved? By faith. If you have
                complete faith, the mountain will move.

                God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

                H.H. Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda

                For more information about Swamiji:
                http://www.swamisatchidananda.org