Are Dumb Jokes Worthy of Meditation

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2004
      As many of you know, we often post Nasrudin stories, and find them not
      just funny, but also containing many levels of wisdom and
      understanding (at least 7 traditionally). But the universe is always
      presenting us pointers to wisdom, and sometimes the goofiest things
      also have the deepest truth within. So, we feel that sometimes simple
      jokes can be as complex in their enlightenment potentiating messages
      as Nasrudin stories. I'm not that sure that the one here is of that
      quality, but I hope you enjoy it in some wasy. And we certainly
      welcome other (possibly containing) wisdom jokes you come upon.....

      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street
      with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are beautiful.