FW: Journal Entry - October 30 - tosime

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2002
      Journal Entry - tosime
      Date: October 30
      Time: 07:50 a.m.
      Duration: 80 minutes (open)
      Posture: Seated on chair
      Body: Eyes closed,
      - tongue tip to pallet,
      - hands on knees-index finger touching thumb.
      Room Condition: Darkened room
      - One candle
      - Incense
      - Essential Oil - (Rainforest Flowers+water on burner)
      - Bell
      Pre-session: Sip of water
      - full body stretch (3 times).
      Mind Chatter: Medium - High.
      Waves of bliss: Several - 5-8 gentle waves and 3 strong.
      Experience: Very Good Session.

      Result: Exploring waves of bliss as inducements to go deeper into
      meditation.

      Had the insight that waves of bliss are not only an inducement to go deeper
      into meditation they also indicate that you have passed a stage or level in
      meditation.

      Noticed that there are major steps and minor steps in each meditation stage.
      The gentle waves signal smaller steps and the strong waves signal major
      steps.

      Experienced several waves in today's session, more than I can ever recall
      experiencing - although most of them were gentle.

      Had a vision of a genie in a bottle sending waves of bliss to lead me to
      him. When I reach him and open the bottle I would have "arrived".

      As I came out of the session I looked at the large wall clock beside my low
      meditation table and noticed that it appeared to be going slowly. This had
      some relationship to the session lasting longer than usual (80 minutes).
    • G
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2002
        Namaste -

        To still the mind do OM.... and be willing to transcend the
        Bliss ... This is one in which many get stuck... Bliss feels so great
        that people want to cling to it... even this must be let go of to
        enter into Self-Realization...

        Shanti om ..g..

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
          Thanks G,

          The attraction of the waves of bliss have been a major concern for me. I
          stopped meditating for several months this year to help me overcome my
          attachment to the waves. I hope I have reached the stage where having or not
          having waves does not significantly influence my assessment of my
          meditation.

          ...Tony

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
            As always, in all ways, Ganga is perfectly right. And Tony has shown
            his usual meditative sophistication as well. I have posted a new file
            Titled IT9-pg27.pdf, "Pleasant Meditation Distraction Traps" to our
            File section that deals with this bliss-full "problem". It is from
            the new issue of The Inner Traveler, which will be available for
            download to our members and subscribers some time tonight. I hope it
            is beneficial to all who are focusing their meditation on ecstatic
            moments instead of finding the peace within that is ever-present.
            "Tony" <tosime@b...> wrote:
            > Thanks G,
            >
            > The attraction of the waves of bliss have been a major concern for
            me. I stopped meditating for several months this year to help me
            overcome my attachment to the waves. I hope I have reached the stage
            where having or not having waves does not significantly influence my
            assessment of my meditation.

            > ...Tony

            October
            > 30 - tosime
            > Namaste -
            >
            > To still the mind do OM.... and be willing to transcend the
            > Bliss ... This is one in which many get stuck... Bliss feels so
            great that people want to cling to it... even this must be let go of
            to enter into Self-Realization...

            > Shanti om ..g..
          • G
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 5, 2002
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "Tony" <tosime@b...> wrote:
              > Thanks G,
              >
              > The attraction of the waves of bliss have been a major concern for
              me. I
              > stopped meditating for several months this year to help me overcome
              my
              > attachment to the waves. I hope I have reached the stage where
              having or not
              > having waves does not significantly influence my assessment of my
              > meditation.
              >
              > ...Tony

              G: There is no reason to stop meditation - it simply requires the
              seeing that ALL Phenomenal experience comes and goes and is subject
              to change... therefore enjoy it while it is there... and when it
              goes do not attempt to re-create it... that is all...

              Love Shanti om ....g...