On the Appropriateness of Women as Gurus

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2004
      From an email from one of our members who felt some offense by
      another member saying that only male Guru's are "real" and worth
      following:

      One day in the Garden of Eden, Eve calls out to God, "Lord, I have a
      problem!"

      "What's the problem, Eve?"

      "Lord, I know you've created me and have provided this beautiful
      garden and all of these wonderful animals, and that hilarious comedic
      snake, but I'm just not happy."

      "Why is that, Eve?" came the reply from above.

      "Lord, I am lonely. And I'm sick to death of apples."

      "Well, Eve, in that case, I have a solution. I shall create a man for
      you."

      "What's a 'man', Lord?"

      "This man will be a flawed creature, with many bad traits. He'll lie,
      cheat, and be vainglorious; all in all, he'll give you a hard time.
      But, he'll be bigger, faster, and will like to hunt and kill things.
      He will provide you with companionship and satisfy your desires. Yet,
      he'll be witless and will revel in childish things like fighting and
      kicking a ball about. He won't be too smart, so he'll also need your
      advice to think properly."

      "Sounds great," says Eve, with an ironically raised eyebrow. "What's
      the catch, Lord?"

      "As I said, he'll be proud, arrogant, and self-admiring. You'll have
      to let him believe that I made him first. So, just remember: it's our
      secret. Woman to Woman."