Question from Email about meaning

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2004
      I visited your web page and find it very useful and nice. But I
      sometimes don't understand biblical sayings like:
      -That thou art,
      What is the word by word translation of "that thou art" ?
      Could you put explanations of those biblical sayings with themselves
      for non-Christians?
      Best Regards,
      T.
    • Jason Fishman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2004
        Hi T,

        "that" (the unmentionable, non specific, non local being)
        "thou" (I or self)
        "art" (am or became from)

        Some more...  Being in this world, but not of it.

        These actually aren't christian (originating from) sayings, they are much older then the christian belief system and supposedly (as I have heard) Jesus was a study of many different religions, faiths and philosophies. Perhaps that is how they principles of christian faith were founded. That thou art suggest that there are no specific religions that are common nor uncommon to all men, in truth.

        Peace and Love

        I visited your web page and find it very useful and nice. But I
        sometimes don't understand biblical sayings like:
        -That thou art,
        What is the word by word translation of "that thou art" ?
        Could you put explanations of those biblical sayings with themselves
        for non-Christians?
        Best Regards,
        T.

        Do you Yahoo!?