Re: Stepping away - Remote View

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2004
      <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
      > Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
      >
      > I've posted stuff like this before without much or any todo over it.
      I wonder if people on here just pass the experience by, perhaps no one
      here can't relate. I'd be interested in comments and/or thoughts.

      > Last night I set aside a little time for a practice that I used to
      do quite often, but stopped for the last experience was vapid and
      seemed deadly. It's a remote viewing of sorts, but it doen't seem to
      take on the quality that I have read about in the past. Most people
      that I have read on the experience of remote viewing describe it as a
      tearing away from the body, almost like a ripping can be heard/felt.

      > I did do a short travel last night and this is how it typically goes...
      >
      > It's a must (I have found) to lie down, usually on my back, but most
      of the time it doesn't matter anymore what position. There are 3
      stages. The first is a silent witness role, as in most meditation
      practices, of just getting into watch mode. It's not in breath control
      or any other exercise though, since what your looking to do is break
      away from the body. As I start to fall back the second stage is a
      heaviness, a sinking like a ton, but if I lift my arm during it feels
      normal, it's something else that gets heavy. This is where I usually
      used to bail out, it's very, very heavy as you follow it in. The third
      step is as the heaviness smooths out into a float, but the sensation
      is practically vacant, almost as if the feeling aspect is just
      residual. Like feeling limbs, eyes ears, etc. are just minimal
      sensations, but there is a very strong emotional feeling, not sure how
      to describe it because typically when there is feeling of emotion
      there is a bodily sensation that correspondes,
      > there just isn't that sort of sensation, it's very dull.
      >
      > After that stage I'm there and can move about (as if by will). I
      don't feel a balance or local I only "see" local and very fainty
      "hear", both of which are very clear but ghostly in quality. I don't
      have perfect vision and usually cant read the clock across the room
      well, but in this "state" it's crystal clear, but hollow in
      appearence. It's almost like the reverse of what a ghostly image is to
      a physical body. If you pass your hand through a mist, thats what it's
      like with normally solid objects. There also seems to be a residual
      self image of a body going on too, as I have gone by a mirror, looked
      at myself and I look like I would "expect" myself to look like. I
      often don't get off far, for to long, maybe 10-12 feet from the body,
      then the heaviness kicks in and almost immediately I'm back.

      > I'm a pretty logical oriented person, all of this sounds far
      fetched, even in writting it. Part of it is "passing" on the logic of
      it "this can't be happening" which stops it pronto, although there may
      be a slight heaviness for a few minutes after. I can't suggest that
      any try it unless they have been in the heaviness stage before and
      know how that feels. It's not painful or anything, just very intense.

      > Since many of us here talk about meditation, yoga and spiritual
      practices, I'd really be interested in anyones thoughts or shares,
      save it though if you just think I'm hallucinating, I've already
      concidered that! Being an LSD user in the past, this aint nothing like
      that at all. Since Jeff isn't around anymore, no one "goes" there much
      these days with me, at least not on these lists.

      > Peace and Love

      Dear Sri Jason,
      It seems from here that all 6+ billion of us 'go there' every night as
      we all astral travel in our dreams. But perhaps we could qualify that
      as just dreaming, and Astral Travel as being conscious of being out of
      body, and Remote Viewing as being able to direct the astral travel to
      a specific destination. In any event, it is fascinating stuff, and
      maybe that could be a problem, as so many get stuck reviewing these
      transcendent events, and don't smell the roses right in front of them.
      This is commonly characterized by retelling their Enlightenment story
      over and over and over again. When around the 'Real deal', they
      invariably (well, nothing is invariable except invariability, eh:-)
      present the present. In any event, we had an Astral Aspects article in
      The Inner Traveler issue #9 that also gives a simple 'how-to' method
      for astral traveling/remote viewing. It's a large file (the issue is
      2.6Mb) and will take a while to download, but for those who are
      interested in this subject, the art accompanying alone it is worth the
      wait. The URL is: http://www.meditationsociety.com/it94382/index.html
    • Jason Fishman
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2004

        Great comments Bob! Thank you..some thoughts below...

        ---- The dreamer doesn't make a choice about the dream. The apparentness of the choosing deciphers the experience, in my experience. It's a very powerful and corruptable thing to have a choice and not one easily given out. Being dependent on the dream is also a choice, but not one that appears that way to the dreamer. Choice can only be available when there is an experience known to choose from, with that the choice to feel well about others and make that a focal point, does make the choosing smoother and more apparent.

        In any event, it is fascinating stuff, and maybe that could be a problem, as so many get stuck reviewing these transcendent events, and don't smell the roses right in front of them.

        --- An experience of a rose! It's practically transcendent!

        --- Well enlightenment can certainly be a personal goal, but it can not be reached as a destination without doing the leg work and removal of the idea of what enlightment is like. Present is always there, no real need to look for it. I do however understand your take here, stay in the now, planning for with expectations of, provided by past experience is often a futile process that destroys the enjoyment of, when future plans become the present. In other words, have a goal, not an outcome... Invariability! Well said :-)

        In any event, we had an Astral Aspects article in
        The Inner Traveler issue #9 that also gives a simple 'how-to' method for astral traveling/remote viewing. It's a large file (the issue is 2.6Mb) and will take a while to download, but for those who are interested in this subject, the art accompanying alone it is worth the wait. The URL is: http://www.meditationsociety.com/it94382/index.html

        --- Another great issue, having the reader at heart as always! I will read it further, perhaps in it's entirety this evening after a few 4th parties! Happy 4th to those that celebrate!!!

        Thanks so much, Bob!
        Peace and Love

        http://mail.yahoo.com