spiritualfriend.com

  • Sara M. Leiste
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3 2:47 PM
      I tried to go to the spiritual friend web site. Temporarily, I can only
      access the web at the library, and their porn blocker stopped me. Could
      someone reply and let me know if this post was spam, or if the blocker is
      over zealous.

      Off topic: In my estimate, all blocking software is, by definition, over
      zealous, but I'm wondering if its worth remembering to check out
      spiritualfriend.com at some other time.

      > There is a new, free site called Spiritual Friend.com
      > The URL is: http://www.spiritualfriend.com
      > It's a positive site for an elite, yet growing, group
      > of connected people on a spiritual path who are
      > searching for similar and like-minded friends in their
      > own cities. There are all types of categories like
      > Buddhism, Sufism, Peace, etc. I put an ad up there.

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Bruce Morgen
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3 3:20 PM
        I'd say "overzealous" -- it
        seems to be mostly a personal
        ads site with a "spear-chill"
        theme and look, something even
        John Ashcroft would be hard
        put to find pornographic.

        Sara M. Leiste wrote:

        >I tried to go to the spiritual friend web site. Temporarily, I can only
        >access the web at the library, and their porn blocker stopped me. Could
        >someone reply and let me know if this post was spam, or if the blocker is
        >over zealous.
        >
        >Off topic: In my estimate, all blocking software is, by definition, over
        >zealous, but I'm wondering if its worth remembering to check out
        >spiritualfriend.com at some other time.
        >

        >>There is a new, free site called Spiritual Friend.com
        >>The URL is: http://www.spiritualfriend.com
        >>It's a positive site for an elite, yet growing, group
        >>of connected people on a spiritual path who are
        >>searching for similar and like-minded friends in their
        >>own cities. There are all types of categories like
        >>Buddhism, Sufism, Peace, etc. I put an ad up there.

      • Jason Fishman
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3 5:53 PM
          I was having this conversation with my mother today, on how it's difficult to meet like minded people. There are alot of people with so many differing views, it seems nearly impossible to find truly open minded generally happy and/or contented people. Of course there isn't a listing for ohio on that site, either.

          Peace and Love

          Lisa Cadway <la_mamita_linda@...> wrote:
          Hello,

          No,actually the site is not about porn and is not
          spam. It's a real, sweet, 100% free site created to
          help people find other spiritual friends. There is a
          sufi category, among others and sufi weekly quotes. At
          least it is another place we can hopefully find people
          like us.

          Lisa

          --- "Sara M. Leiste" <leiste@...> wrote:
          > I tried to go to the spiritual friend web site.
          > Temporarily, I can only
          > access the web at the library, and their porn
          > blocker stopped me. Could
          > someone reply and let me know if this post was spam,
          > or if the blocker is
          > over zealous.
          >
          > Off topic: In my estimate, all blocking software is,
          > by definition, over
          > zealous, but I'm wondering if its worth remembering
          > to check out
          > spiritualfriend.com at some other time.
          >
          > > There is a new, free site called Spiritual
          > Friend.com
          > > The URL is: http://www.spiritualfriend.com
          > > It's a positive site for an elite, yet growing,
          > group
          > > of connected people on a spiritual path who are
          > > searching for similar and like-minded friends in
          > their
          > > own cities. There are all types of categories like
          > > Buddhism, Sufism, Peace, etc. I put an ad up
          > there.

        • Jason Fishman
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3 6:47 PM
            Actually Lisa, I've done the online thing before. There are even a few with spiritual in the title and I have been on quite a few dates over the years. It still seems to be more straightforeward and wholesome to meet people the old fashion way. That's been where I have met the most friends and lasting relationships. Women in general are on thier guard still when it comes to online started relations. Although the people in yahoo groups I have all concidered friends and many I have had lasting communications with, just not on a more personal one on one. None the less, it's been enlightening, entertaining and enjoyable.

            Thanks for the info!
            Peace and Love

            Lisa Cadway <la_mamita_linda@...> wrote:
            As soon as someone posts an add for Ohio, we make a
            category for it. That is how the list is formed.
            Eventually, I'm sure there will be every state and
            country on there. If yoou send your ad, we'll post it
            and create a category for your state.

            Thanks for writing!
            Lisa