Stepping away - Remote View

  • Jason Fishman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2004
      Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@...> wrote:

      I've posted stuff like this before without much or any todo over it. I wonder if people on here just pass the experience by, perhaps no one here can't relate. I'd be interested in comments and/or thoughts.

      Last night I set aside a little time for a practice that I used to do quite often, but stopped for the last experience was vapid and seemed deadly. It's a remote viewing of sorts, but it doen't seem to take on the quality that I have read about in the past. Most people that I have read on the experience of remote viewing describe it as a tearing away from the body, almost like a ripping can be heard/felt.

      I did do a short travel last night and this is how it typically goes...

      It's a must (I have found) to lie down, usually on my back, but most of the time it doesn't matter anymore what position. There are 3 stages. The first is a silent witness role, as in most meditation practices, of just getting into watch mode. It's not in breath control or any other exercise though, since what your looking to do is break away from the body. As I start to fall back the second stage is a heaviness, a sinking like a ton, but if I lift my arm during it feels normal, it's something else that gets heavy. This is where I usually used to bail out, it's very, very heavy as you follow it in. The third step is as the heaviness smooths out into a float, but the sensation is practically vacant, almost as if the feeling aspect is just residual. Like feeling limbs, eyes ears, etc. are just minimal sensations, but there is a very strong emotional feeling, not sure how to describe it because typically when there is feeling of emotion there is a bodily sensation that correspondes, there just isn't that sort of sensation, it's very dull.

      After that stage I'm there and can move about (as if by will). I don't feel a balance or local I only "see" local and very fainty "hear", both of which are very clear but ghostly in quality. I don't have perfect vision and usually cant read the clock across the room well, but in this "state" it's crystal clear, but hollow in appearence. It's almost like the reverse of what a ghostly image is to a physical body. If you pass your hand through a mist, thats what it's like with normally solid objects. There also seems to be a residual self image of a body going on too, as I have gone by a mirror, looked at myself and I look like I would "expect" myself to look like. I often don't get off far, for to long, maybe 10-12 feet from the body, then the heaviness kicks in and almost immediately I'm back.

      I'm a pretty logical oriented person, all of this sounds far fetched, even in writting it. Part of it is "passing" on the logic of it "this can't be happening" which stops it pronto, although there may be a slight heaviness for a few minutes after. I can't suggest that any try it unless they have been in the heaviness stage before and know how that feels. It's not painful or anything, just very intense.

      Since many of us here talk about meditation, yoga and spiritual practices, I'd really be interested in anyones thoughts or shares, save it though if you just think I'm hallucinating, I've already concidered that! Being an LSD user in the past, this aint nothing like that at all. Since Jeff isn't around anymore, no one "goes" there much these days with me, at least not on these lists.

      Peace and Love

      Do you Yahoo!?
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2004
        <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
> [...]
        then the heaviness kicks in and almost immediately I'm back.

        > I'm a pretty logical oriented person, all of this sounds far
        fetched, even in writting it. Part of it is "passing" on the logic of
        it "this can't be happening" which stops it pronto, although there may
        be a slight heaviness for a few minutes after. I can't suggest that
        any try it unless they have been in the heaviness stage before and
        know how that feels. It's not painful or anything, just very intense.

        > Since many of us here talk about meditation, yoga and spiritual
        practices, I'd really be interested in anyones thoughts or shares,
        save it though if you just think I'm hallucinating, I've already
        concidered that! Being an LSD user in the past, this aint nothing like
        that at all. Since Jeff isn't around anymore, no one "goes" there much
        these days with me, at least not on these lists.

        Dear Sri Jason,
        It seems from here that all 6+ billion of us 'go there' every night as
        we all astral travel in our dreams. But perhaps we could qualify that
        as just dreaming, and Astral Travel as being conscious of being out of
        body, and Remote Viewing as being able to direct the astral travel to
        a specific destination. In any event, it is fascinating stuff, and
        maybe that could be a problem, as so many get stuck reviewing these
        transcendent events, and don't smell the roses right in front of them.
        This is commonly characterized by retelling their Enlightenment story
        over and over and over again. When around the 'Real deal', they
        invariably (well, nothing is invariable except invariability, eh:-)
        present the present. In any event, we had an Astral Aspects article in
        The Inner Traveler issue #9 that also gives a simple 'how-to' method
        for astral traveling/remote viewing. It's a large file (the issue is
        2.6Mb) and will take a while to download, but for those who are
        interested in this subject, the art accompanying alone it is worth the
        wait. The URL is: http://www.meditationsociety.com/it94382/index.html
      • Jason Fishman
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 2004

          Great comments Bob! Thank you..some thoughts below...

          ---- The dreamer doesn't make a choice about the dream. The apparentness of the choosing deciphers the experience, in my experience. It's a very powerful and corruptable thing to have a choice and not one easily given out. Being dependent on the dream is also a choice, but not one that appears that way to the dreamer. Choice can only be available when there is an experience known to choose from, with that the choice to feel well about others and make that a focal point, does make the choosing smoother and more apparent.

          In any event, it is fascinating stuff, and maybe that could be a problem, as so many get stuck reviewing these transcendent events, and don't smell the roses right in front of them.

          --- An experience of a rose! It's practically transcendent!

          --- Well enlightenment can certainly be a personal goal, but it can not be reached as a destination without doing the leg work and removal of the idea of what enlightment is like. Present is always there, no real need to look for it. I do however understand your take here, stay in the now, planning for with expectations of, provided by past experience is often a futile process that destroys the enjoyment of, when future plans become the present. In other words, have a goal, not an outcome... Invariability! Well said :-)

          In any event, we had an Astral Aspects article in
          The Inner Traveler issue #9 that also gives a simple 'how-to' method for astral traveling/remote viewing. It's a large file (the issue is 2.6Mb) and will take a while to download, but for those who are interested in this subject, the art accompanying alone it is worth the wait. The URL is: http://www.meditationsociety.com/it94382/index.html

          --- Another great issue, having the reader at heart as always! I will read it further, perhaps in it's entirety this evening after a few 4th parties! Happy 4th to those that celebrate!!!

          Thanks so much, Bob!
          Peace and Love

          http://mail.yahoo.com