Re: Knives vs Meditation

  • Nina
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 2 5:20 AM
      Connection found between knives and meditation...

      Nina

      . . .

      http://www.throwzini.com/issue_91.html

      2. GUEST COLUMN:

      KNIFE THROWING THERAPY
      by Jim Tengler

      Hello, just thought I'd share a little something about what I
      call "KTT" or "Knife Throwing Therapy". To fill you in quickly, I
      have been throwing knives off and on for most of my life. I'm 41 now.
      No competition or anything, just having fun.

      About four and a half years ago I was in a bad motorcycle accident,
      broke a lot of bones and had eight surgeries to try to repair some of
      it. To make a long story short, I ended up with severe chronic pain
      in a few areas.

      One of the methods of trying to fight chronic pain is meditation and
      one form of this meditation is called distractive meditation. What
      that means is finding something that you have to concentrate on and
      focus to help distract your mind from focusing on the pain. In the
      process of finding something I could focus on and stay with for that
      I decided to use knife throwing, since its something I love and you
      need to focus on.

      So I set up a target in the back yard and I've been throwing everyday
      for months now. It turns out to be fantastic therapy for the pain and
      a great way to relieve stress and a focused way to relieve anger and
      frustration.

      Plus my nine-year-old daughter who always wants to do stuff with Dad
      has picked up the sport and loves it. And to be fair, when she really
      focuses she can sometimes throw better than me. Kinda embarrasses me
      sometimes but she's a natural.

      Well that's about all. Just thought I'd pass on that knife throwing
      could even have some medical benefits to it.

      Happy throwing and stay safe.

      Jim Tengler