Re: Knives vs Meditation: Forging a-head

  • no by
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 2, 2004

         Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:50:38 -0000
         From: "Gene Poole" <gene_poole@...>
      Subject: Re: Knives vs Meditation: Forging a-head

      Thanks, n00b.

      But more than heat, really; the issue
      is TIME.

      Thanks, G.P. - great Priest or something like this? ;-)

      It looks like, you're right. Sure you are,
      otherwise, who am I, to talk against your truth?

      That brings my weird warrior's word work
      to the point of _my_ real issues:

      HELPLESSNESS!

      My words are helpless, all what I've done,
      utterly helpless - a growing helpless towards death!

      My floppy finger in service of my mind, ego, existence,
      my readers reactions or actions against/for or YAHHHN...

      HELPLESSNESS!

      Again and again I have to admit, ''I'' can ''do''nothing'' -
      nothing can be done - like time runs out with each breath.

      In this helplessness my way to the exit should surrender,
      even in this I'm helpless - it happens or not -

      Like friendship, enemies, love, hate or YAAAAHNNN,
      helpless I am, helplessness is the issue, _my_ issue!

      n0by

      helpless

      even to lazy to look up the dic,
      who this word needs to written: HELPLESSNESS!

      Helpless to share my helpless missing understading
      for my helplessness - really I, I, I would prefer to help myself !

      But WHO AM I?

      helpless

      endless

      helpless

      sobsobsob

      http://n0by.de

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Nina
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 2, 2004
        Connection found between knives and meditation...

        Nina

        . . .

        http://www.throwzini.com/issue_91.html

        2. GUEST COLUMN:

        KNIFE THROWING THERAPY
        by Jim Tengler

        Hello, just thought I'd share a little something about what I
        call "KTT" or "Knife Throwing Therapy". To fill you in quickly, I
        have been throwing knives off and on for most of my life. I'm 41 now.
        No competition or anything, just having fun.

        About four and a half years ago I was in a bad motorcycle accident,
        broke a lot of bones and had eight surgeries to try to repair some of
        it. To make a long story short, I ended up with severe chronic pain
        in a few areas.

        One of the methods of trying to fight chronic pain is meditation and
        one form of this meditation is called distractive meditation. What
        that means is finding something that you have to concentrate on and
        focus to help distract your mind from focusing on the pain. In the
        process of finding something I could focus on and stay with for that
        I decided to use knife throwing, since its something I love and you
        need to focus on.

        So I set up a target in the back yard and I've been throwing everyday
        for months now. It turns out to be fantastic therapy for the pain and
        a great way to relieve stress and a focused way to relieve anger and
        frustration.

        Plus my nine-year-old daughter who always wants to do stuff with Dad
        has picked up the sport and loves it. And to be fair, when she really
        focuses she can sometimes throw better than me. Kinda embarrasses me
        sometimes but she's a natural.

        Well that's about all. Just thought I'd pass on that knife throwing
        could even have some medical benefits to it.

        Happy throwing and stay safe.

        Jim Tengler