Re: Question about severe leg, feet/Bob

    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 27, 2004
      <gene_poole@q...> wrote:
> [...]
      > > > there is no actual 'doer', those are
      > > > merely beliefs, superimposed upon
      > > > an infrastructure of assumption of
      > > > cause-and-effect.
      > > >
      > > > If we have a 'therapeutic goal', it is
      > > > to remove the 'original band-aid'.
      > > >
      > > > The 'original band-aid' was a remedy
      > > > for a misdiagnosed 'trauma', which was
      > > > in reality, a normal life-event, but
      > > > unrecognized as such by the child-
      > > > awareness. The original band-aid
      > > > was 'gifted' by the parent, and is the
      > > > beginning of the child's adoption of
      > > > the parental style of _compensation_.
      > > >
      > > snip
      > > >
      > > > ==Gene Poole==
      > >
      > > Yo Geneji,
      > > So you think you could slip in this brilliant sharing of wisdom
      > > between advise about magnesium and epsom salt baths and think that's
      > > all that's gonna be said about it? Wrong oh vast one!
      >
      > Uh-Oh!
      >

      > > You're pointing
      > > to the "the creation of self-as-victim of 'cause', which has been the
      > > root of suffering." Well, isn't this somewhat acting like a parent
      > > applying "the original band-aid"?:-) Please expound on this, so as to
      > > avoid our being fastened to some degree of blame for our "adoption of
      > > the parental style of _compensation_."
      > > Peace and blessings,
      > > Bob
      >
      > Ha ha... very funny, Bob...
      >
      > Do you have any choice, but to react
      > to your feelings, in the way that you
      > were exampled?
      >
      > And more deeply... do you have any
      > choice, but to have those feelings,
      > based as they are, on the very values
      > which formed the core of the parental
      > personality?
      >
      > And did your parents have any choice,
      > about how they would feel, when... and
      > how they would compensate for those
      > feelings?
      >
      > Just whose (ancient) program is running
      > this show, anyhow? Is the family way,
      > all the way back?
      >
      > The consistent factors in all of this, are
      > involving our dire need to be successful
      > socially; how to 'act' so as to be included,
      > not excluded.
      >
      > We have taken up an ancient burden we
      > do not understand, and carry it as our
      > badge of social belonging.
      >
      > The 'family' and 'tribe' are the strongest
      > social units; those can make or break an
      > individual.
      >
      > If a family or tribe is collectively 'sick',
      > and a child fails to successfully 'adapt'
      > to the sickness, the sick tribe/family will
      > eject that child, and define his as 'sick'.
      >
      > We see a lot of tribal sickness these days;
      > and we can only cheer the child, who cannot
      > adapt.
      >
      > Bob, the 'mind' is like a vase of roses; how
      > they are arranged, varies from family to tribe
      > to culture. What we need to keep in mind, is that
      > given the vase and the roses, we can adopt any
      > arrangement we choose.
      >
      > Problem is, that if a strong wind occurs, the roses
      > return to their 'default' config, which was set in the

      Yo Geneji,
      Great stuff, and right on. I see "real life" examples of what you
      point to daily as I work with "behavior-problem" young girls, and see
      the way sickness and anti-social traits/behaviors are mimiced through
      generations. Grandma was an asthmatic, and so is Mama, so the child
      believes and insists she is, even though there are no signs or
      symptoms whatsoever. And G-mom hit her kid, and Mama hit our client,
      and she answers situations by hitting first and often. A nice thing I
      do see is that sometimes the arrangement of flowers can be changed and
      the innate beauty can appear. But we have a society that insists all
      too often that after the flowers have begun to thrive, on returning
      the children to the same family and conditions that emphasized the
      thorns on the stems and not the wonderful aromas and beauty that have
      been achieved. And yes, "it is attachment to 'cause', the fastening of
      blame, the creation of self-as-victim as 'cause', ... (that) has been
      the root of suffering". And in the majority of cases, soon after
      returning to the original biological and environmental influences, the
      flowers wither and rot. And for our girls, too often, a life of shame,
      degradation and abuse continues.
    • Nina
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 27, 2004
        "Gene Poole" <gene_poole@q...> wrote:

        > Do you have any choice, but to react
        > to your feelings, in the way that you
        > were exampled?
        >
        > And more deeply... do you have any
        > choice, but to have those feelings,
        > based as they are, on the very values
        > which formed the core of the parental
        > personality?
        >
        > And did your parents have any choice,
        > about how they would feel, when... and
        > how they would compensate for those
        > feelings?
        >
        > Just whose (ancient) program is running
        > this show, anyhow? Is the family way,
        > all the way back?

        The mind boggles at the conversations to be had,
        in which one repeatedly replaces "My Family Way"
        for "I". How could one possibly remain attached
        to one's identity when it is referenced in such a way?
        Beyond knowing that it exists and recognizing its
        operation, is there any hope of moving beyond
        "My Family Way"? It is doubtful, in the way that
        it is 'impossible' to move beyond the ever fragmenting
        bounds of a fractal. Who is to say that moving
        beyond "My Family Way" is not simply... part of
        "My Family Way"?

        Nina
      • tom_flou
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 27, 2004
          Hi here is a physoilogical view.

          If Pranayam is practiced as paying attention to the breathing
          without changing its natural rhythm in any way, this part can hardly
          have any adverse physiological effects.
          But if the breathing is forced or reduced and so the natural self-
          regulation of this very complicated and delicate process is
          tampered with, the consequences can be rather knowledgeable.
          The resting breath rate is about 15/min. securing a oxygen density
          in the tissues at close to 100%
          If breath rate is increased (Hyperventilation) it does not affect
          the oxygen tension much, but it does markedly decrease the CO2
          tension.
          This causes an increase in free hydrogen ions and thus a lowering of
          the pH of the blood and subsequently the body fluids. (Respiratory
          acidosis) This has rather immediate and noticeable effects on the
          body involved. Some symptoms are dizziness, confusion. (Even out of
          body experiences and hallucinations)
          As a result of the lowering pH of the blood, even a lowering of
          calcium occurs, resulting in numbness and tingling in hands, arms
          and in the face, spasms or cramps of hands and feet.
          It has bees suggested here to breathe deeply at a rate of 60/min.
          This will in a short time result in such a respiratory acidosis of
          the body. Possibly with any number of the above mentioned symptoms
          emerging. It is not a serious medical condition, as the person
          affected if he does not stop, will finally pass out, thereby
          automatically returning his breathing to normal and correcting the
          offset blood chemistry.
          Hyperventilation is an integral part of most panic disorders,
          all of these symptoms giving the sufferer "proof" that something is
          seriously wrong in the body.
          The condition is treated with reassurance and if needed, placing a
          plastic bag over the mouth and nose so the CO2 can reenter the body.

          Magnesium deficiency is of rare clinical relevance.

          Dietary or external applications has at best a very limited effect.

          Cheers

          Tom