Re: [Meditation Society of America] Motherly Wisdom from Judi Rhodes

  • Judi Rhodes
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2002
      Thanks to Judi Rhodes for forwarding this.

      **** Glad you enjoyed it Bob, Bruce Morgen forwarded it to me. It's pretty funny isn't it?
      I especially like the one on "religion". :-) And, there's one that's not on this list,
      which was also taught to me, on "Complaining". "You can complain and do dishes at the same time." :-)

      What Mom Taught Me

      "If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished

      MOM taught me RELIGION:
      "You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

      MOM taught me about TIME TRAVEL:
      "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle
      next week!"

      MOM taught me LOGIC:
      "Because I said so, that's why."

      MOM taught me FORESIGHT:
      "Make sure you wear clean underwear in case you're in an accident."

      MOM taught me IRONY:
      "Keep laughing and I'll give you something to cry about."

      MOM taught me about the science of OSMOSIS:
      "Shut your mouth and eat your supper!"

      MOM taught me about CONTORTIONS:
      "Will you look at the dirt on the back of your neck!"

      MOM taught me about STAMINA:
      "You'll sit there until all that spinach is finished."

      MOM taught me about WEATHER:
      "It looks as if a tornado swept through your room."

      MOM taught me how to solve PHYSICS PROBLEMS:
      "If I yelled because I saw a meteor coming toward you, would you
      listen then?"

      MOM taught me about HYPOCRISY:
      "If I've told you once, I've told you a million times, Don't

      MOM taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION:
      "Stop acting like your father!"

      MOM taught me about ENVY:
      "There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who
      have wonderful parents like you do!"

      And most of all ..... MOM taught me THE CIRCLE OF LIFE:
      "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

      For more of Judi's wit and wisdom, check out her
      Yahoo Group at http://groups.yahoo/group/TheEndOfTheRopeRanch
      It's the only place to go if you too are at the end of your
      spirituality seeking rope.