Weekly Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 12 11:15 AM
      "'Without You, God, I couldn't do anything. I am only Your humble
      instrument and I offer my service to humanity.' That is what is called
      sacrificing the result of your actions. Only that sacrifice is real
      service. All other things are business. You do something; you get
      something in return.

      Instead of that, life should be motivated this way: 'I am here to
      serve.' Or, in other words, 'I am made to serve--I am only a tool.'
      Then your heart is always peaceful. There is nothing to disturb your
      peace. As one of the saints said, 'I have eternal peace and bliss. I
      have no suffering at all. Because all suffering is created by 'me'
      wanting to get the reward. Once I give that up, I have no suffering at
      all. I am always in bliss.'"

      God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      www.swamisatchidananda.org
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 3, 2009
        What Makes You Beautiful?

        "The more you worry about your weight,
        the more sick you become. The worry itself
        causes increase in weight because many
        people eat a lot when they worry. The more
        you think of weight, the more weight you
        will have. As you think, so you become.
        Worry is the most dangerous disease. Keep
        the mind healthy always. If someone doesn't
        want to like you because of your weight, that
        person is interested only in your flesh, not
        in your qualities. What will make a person
        beautiful? The beauty of wisdom that dawns
        through tranquility of mind. We have enough
        troubles and worries. Yogis should not be
        bothered with weight issues. Let us think
        of more important things in life that could
        bring peace, joy and harmony.

        For more by and about Swamiji:
        http://yogaville.org/